Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Quark

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2020
Probabilistic
I saw some people saying M1 8GB feels like intel 16GB. This is absolutely not true. Do not go for 8GB ram if you plan to use chrome heavily and video edit in future. Did you consider Macbook Pro 14 inch?
I never use Chrome unless I have to because of all the tracking, etc.

FF is my browser of choice across both my primary platforms (Linux and macOS).

And honestly, for a MBA, 8GB has been absolutely fine. If you're trying to do video editing or other high-end crap, get a dedicated workstation.

MacCake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2022
I never use Chrome unless I have to because of all the tracking, etc.

FF is my browser of choice across both my primary platforms (Linux and macOS).

And honestly, for a MBA, 8GB has been absolutely fine. If you're trying to do video editing or other high-end crap, get a dedicated workstation.

Nice! Thanks for the helpful comment.

I use Chrome on old PC and Chrome/Safari on the MacBook and Safari on iPhone/iPad Pro. I've been enjoying Edge UI and speedy-wise though surprisingly since getting a gaming PC. Seems Microsoft been working on their act a little.

I've used Firefox when making extensions for it but some reason the UI just doesn't hit me (it's been 2 years though...)

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome! Think this is what I'm going to go with.. any last minute suggestions? :)

Think I'll go for the space grey, the midnight is pretty (would match the Watch S7) but the finger print reviews on the Tube threw me off plus Space Grey will match my iPad Pro 11" also selected 67W USB Adapter option (was that a good choice?).

Here's the overall:

View attachment 2030632

Already sold my old Macbook Pro 2015 for £450 to somebody's son at work. No clue if that's a fair price but it's what he offered I just said yes.. (lol).
Honestly, that looks pretty decent! I'd imagine you'll be happy with it!

Reactions: MacCake

MacCake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2022
so my M2 MacBook Air was damaged today while moving 280 miles and local Apple store says its beyond repair screen totally gone, keyboard more or less bent in half :/ It's like JerryRigEverything was on the removal team. Piano 1 - MBA 0

Thankfully enough the removal company had protection insurance and they have paid out £1,250 GBP for a "like for like" replacement.

Now to decide If I get another M2 @ £1,579 (used or new) or try the new M3 MBP @ £1,909.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.