Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rariasjr

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2003
When!?

I'm getting impatient. How long do I have to wait for my new 15"
Do I have to wait for Seybold SF?

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Re: When!?

Originally posted by rariasjr
I'm getting impatient. How long do I have to wait for my new 15"
Do I have to wait for Seybold SF?

My thought is this. The current 15" PB is the ONLY PB able to boot in OS9. I think that Apple is going to release the new 15" PB around when Panther will be released, and then it will NOT be OS9 bootable (Are all the iBooks able to boot in OS9 now? Do you think they'll stay OS9 bootable while the PB's use Classic?)

Just a thought and I as well am a switcher in waiting.

elemenopy

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2003
They're coming soon...

As I understand it, last week Apple stopped allowing resellers to order the 15" Titanium PowerBook as demo models. This happens whenever Apple is about to roll out a replacement to an older model...

:cool:

jzieske

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2003
Bloomington, MN
Re: They're coming soon...

Originally posted by elemenopy
As I understand it, last week Apple stopped allowing resellers to order the 15" Titanium PowerBook as demo models. This happens whenever Apple is about to roll out a replacement to an older model...

:cool:

Out of curiosity do you know where you heard that, I had not heard of this but if that is case this is prob could news of a release within a week or two.

kmac51

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2003
New Powerbooks - Where are they ?@#$@#%@

I'm like the other guy, where is my new powerbook? There has got to be so much pent-up demand that Apple would not be able to satisfy all orders in the beginning, or it would take awhile to get them again (like the original Ti pbook). This is crazy! Where is the my new powerbook?????

Kmac

PS Just realized something, pent-up is almost pent ium, any similarities?:confused:

yzedf

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2002
Connecticut
Well, I just checked the apple online store, and the 15.2" superdrive with 1GB RAM and a airport card is shipping 1-3 days. If there is a update soon, they are still being a bit sneaky about it.

Come on, back to school sale baby!!! :D

kmac51

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2003
well, i just ordered my 1 ghz system

i gave up and ordered my 1 ghz system. it is 2 1/2 times faster than my old and will do a fine job. now, i can't wait for it to get here.

kmac

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i just went to my local Apple re-seller the other day and they didn't have any 15" in stock. even the display model was being rented out. they guy there also said that the 15 is the most popular at the moment, backed up by the fact that they were completely out of stock i guess that the 15" is still selling well. no wonder Apple is in no hurry to release a new one.

i should've asked if they knew when they were getting any more 15"s in...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.