Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeptp

macrumors regular
May 13, 2014
Austin, TX
I'm doing the same thing. Got the 12 Pro, tried it for a few days, did not like holding it at all. It just doesn't hold comfortably to me that even after using it and going back to my 11 Pro, it made me actually like the feel and sleekness of the 11 Pro even more.

I've been waiting for a smaller iPhone for a long time so going to give the Mini a try and see if I will keep it or the 11 Pro until next years release. I hate that the Pro models keep getting bigger. Even though the increase in height is marginal on the 12 over the 11 Pro, it's still an increase.

I really hope the Mini sells really well for Apple to keep improving them each year and maybe even release a Mini Pro. ?

Reactions: edhchoe

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
For my use the pro doesn't offer much of an upgrade. I rarely use the telephoto lens on my 8+ so the lack of that doesn't bother me. If I shoot video I use a gimbal so the stabilization doesn't matter. Same with time lapse photos. The pro res format? What is it about this that is better than shooting in normal RAW?
I'll take the everyday comfort of a smaller phone in the mini. Everybody is different and I appreciate that there are four phones to choose from so in theory everybody should be happy at the end of the day. However, when I read these forums it NEVER is the case ?

Reactions: Davelfc

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
I did not mean to derail this thread, but my point was battery anxiety between the 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. For my car I never drive 3o0+ miles in 1 day and there is always a supercharger nearby in the event that I need it.

My point was that this is similar to the iPhone in that am I rarely am without power for more than 2-3 hours in a typical day so the little difference in battery doesn’t matter 99% of the time. There are reasons to upgrade to the 12 Pro Max, but I don’t think battery life is one of them unless you really are a heavy user (and in that case) you’ll probably need a portable charger anyway especially if you use 5G.
Oh yeah for sure I'm coming from a 11 Pro Max, and since I am always at home ( my company transitioned my department for full time time forever, I'd rather have a small phone)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.