Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 29, 2007
The only time I've shot motorsports inside the fence ...I count 20 salable shots in this thread, at least half of them are top-of-the-line. You could do well with ...
Wow, thanks a lot for the compliments, advice and tips. Definitely food for thought. I do have to tread lightly, as these trips are our vacations, and taking on assignment responsibility could get vetoed by the wife very quickly (as it is she does get annoyed if I shoot too much and leave her to watch by herself). And I don't want it turning into too much of a job either. My wife is into the racing big-time, but she wants my company (and vice versa). Fortunately, we have track buddies, so there is some room for me to go off and do some serious shooting while she hangs with friends. But the best part is really doing it with her, so doing an assignment could get in the way.

But if I could get credentialed to shoot in a way that it still is a vacation that would be ideal. Using it pay for the trips is attractive, especially as we start thinking towards retirement.

But definitely something to think about. I do need a second camera body...and that big glass. :)

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Wow, thanks a lot for the compliments, advice and tips. Definitely food for thought. I do have to tread lightly, as these trips are our vacations, and taking on assignment responsibility could get vetoed by the wife very quickly (as it is she does get annoyed if I shoot too much and leave her to watch by herself). And I don't want it turning into too much of a job either. My wife is into the racing big-time, but she wants my company. Fortunately, we have track buddies, so there is some room for me to go off and do some serious shooting while she hangs with friends.

But definitely something to think about. I do need a second camera body...and that big glass. :)

Just tell your photography manager that she's in charge of when you have enough shots and which shots are good enough. :D

If you're cognizant of the fact that you wouldn't have to spend any more time than you are already, then the lure of potential pit passes for you and any willing assistant who happens to be a supportive spouse might help. :rolleyes:

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Just tell your photography manager that she's in charge of when you have enough shots and which shots are good enough. :D

If you're cognizant of the fact that you wouldn't have to spend any more time than you are already, then the lure of potential pit passes for you and any willing assistant who happens to be a supportive spouse might help. :rolleyes:
I would have to get her credentialed. That would be a blast and I think she could get a big kick out of the intimacy of shooting inside the fence.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Alan McNish and rest of the Audi team signing my Audi R12 photo from Road America

McNish-signing.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.