Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slava1969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2023
Is it possible to downgrade from iOS 15.7.4 to iOS 15.7.3 or 15.7.2? Who owns the information and how to do it?

Last edited:

Slava1969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2023
There are pending OTAs on the site On they show the time and date until which date a rollback is possible! So that means it's not working? Can't roll back???
Who understands this issue, give an answer please!

Last edited:

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
No, it's not possible. It's only being signed via OTA, so the only way to get 15.7.3 or 15.7.2 would be if you were on an older version to upgrade from over the air.

None of the older IPSWs are no longer signed, so there's no way to get back to an older version.

Slava1969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2023
No, it's not possible. It's only being signed via OTA, so the only way to get 15.7.3 or 15.7.2 would be if you were on an older version to upgrade from over the air.

None of the older IPSWs are no longer signed, so there's no way to get back to an older version.
Thanks for making it clear to me! I finally figured out why I can't roll back via OTA! If it would work on my phone using iOS 15.7.1 as an example, I would upgrade to 15.7.2 or 15.7.3 via OTA. that is, from less to more, but it doesn’t work at speed! Thank you dear friend for your answer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.