Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schluki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
sorry - what's a "boot rom dump". I´m really sorry for asking that much, but after days trying this on my own, I´m really wasted of searching google for all this terms....

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
sorry - what's a "boot rom dump". I´m really sorry for asking that much, but after days trying this on my own, I´m really wasted of searching google for all this terms....
It's a backup image in binary format, dump, of the contents of the SPI flash memory that stores the Mac Pro BootROM.

You can save a backup (the dump) using flashrom/ROMTool.

schluki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Hi, thanks. I´m struggling doing the right terminal command with flashrom. Tried to do it with the integrated help. But I´m just not smart enough...

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Hi, thanks. I´m struggling doing the right terminal command with flashrom. Tried to do it with the integrated help. But I´m just not smart enough...
Use ROMTool, it's the GUI version dumbed down to just dump/flash Macs.

schluki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
ok that's the bin walk. seems to be ok? or not?

best reagrds

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-21 um 23.43.54.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-21 um 23.43.54.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 97

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
ok that's the bin walk. seems to be ok? or not?

best reagrds
This report is showing almost nothing, you are doing something wrong, not even the obligatory XML line that is added when you boot Recovery to disable SIP is there.

Last edited:

schluki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
ok. I gave up on this. Did the whole OC-install from scratch. The r580 still does not bootscreen, but I guess I'll find someone who's got a PC where I can flash the gpu. Thanks to everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.