Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
You are wrong my friend the s5 pro is 12 mp. quoted directy "it features 6.17 million 'S photodiodes' (normal DR) and 6.17 million 'R photodiodes' (highlight DR) for a total photodiode count of 12.34 million."

They're legally allowed to say that it's a 12 MP camera, and guidelines specify that it may even be better. This is the same reason Sigma is allowed to call the SD14 a 14 MP camera when it's more like a 5 MP camera (although it really does produce some amazing results in some respects that make it better than other DSLRs with more pixels). However, in spirit, it's deceiving because on the Fuji, it takes 2 sensors to contribute to one pixel on the screen. The 12 MP photos are interpolated, so half the pixel info is interpolated. When you factor in the colour interpolation done in the images produced by all DSLRs (with the exception of the Sigma SD14), the camera is doing quite a lot of "guessing".

However, the interpolated results from the Fuji are quite good compared to other cameras.

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
Thank you Lovesong for pointing out B&H... There are many SHADY places offering D200s around $1,000 and D2Xs for under $3,000... but I say Buyer Beware.

Edit: Although I have not purchased from B&H, their reputation appears to be stellar. I also recommend Adorama.

seany916

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2006
Southern California
Doesn't make sense to get the D200 at this point.

Spend a bit more and get the D300. For a few hundred bucks, it'll be a much better camera and have MUCH higher resale value in a year or 2. Oh, and it's a GREAT camera.

If he's got that much invested in lenses, a few hundred more for a D300 won't be a big deal.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
It makes sense to get a used D200, but a new S5 costs only a little bit more here. The D300 is much more expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.