Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Is anyone else seeing a behaviour where (in portrait mode) if they have the favourites bar showing, and folders in that bar, when they tap one to open the popup menu, if there’s only say four items in it, the menu sizes down to near the bottom of the display, whereas if the menu has lots of items, it sizes to about 2/3 the vertical height, with overflow as touch-scrollable.

In landscape orientation, all menus size to approximate the bottom edge.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Visuals would be nice for comparison of the conditions you mention. I haven't noticed such goings-on, but maybe I'm just not displaying Safari in the way you are.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Visuals would be nice for comparison of the conditions you mention. I haven't noticed such goings-on, but maybe I'm just not displaying Safari in the way you are.

Thusly:

ipad_menu1.jpg

ipad_menu2.jpg

The menu with more content is clipped at 2/3 screen height, witth scrollable overflow, whereas the mnu with only a few items goes almost full-screen.

Attachments

• ipad_menu2.jpg
    ipad_menu2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 9

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I see. Mine display as 1-1/2 spacing would in a text document (slightly more separated than single space) and the pop-down only goes as far as the number of items, even one that has only three in the folder. I am not using Dark Mode, but I don't think that would make a difference.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
The screenshots were very helpful. I’m seeing the effect, both in portrait and landscape. It hadn’t bothered me and frankly I hadn’t even noticed it, but I do see the effect.

Reactions: mattspace
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.