Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
silly question but will the iwatch be able to use a screen protection so we don't scratch the face of the watch or crack it?

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
In the off chance that this is an actual question and you're not trolling (based off how much this has been discussed... no offense intended)... yes

However, you certainly won't need one based off the scratch resistance (at least for the sapphire version) unless you're handling diamonds regularly.

P.S. it's Apple watch not iwatch

Wreckus

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
don't think that's necessary, especially if you get the SS edition. But rest assure, zagg will probably have screen protectors available.

Personally, for the iPhone, yea. But for the watch? i wouldn't waste the most likely 30 dollar price tag for it.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Screen protectors from several companies are already available for sale. Don't listen to the naysayers. Yes it's scratch resistant but it's not scratch proof. It can still be prone to scratches and there is no reason why if you choose to do so that you shouldn't put a screen protector on it.

sk24iam

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
Should be ok, do you put screen protector on your Fossil? Key it away from your keys and you shouldn't have to worry about scratching.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
The Watch is a beautiful object, why anyone would want to cover it up is beyond me. It'll look huge and clumsy on your wrist.

Watches can - and almost certainly will - scratch. It's a fact of life. See it as patina rather than wear. It'll give your Watch personality, make it your Watch; something unique amongst millions of otherwise identical units. ;)

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
silly question but will the iwatch be able to use a screen protection so we don't scratch the face of the watch or crack it?

I use it on my smartwatch and glad I do - several deep scratches on the protector. Scratches on screen will be more annoying than scratches on traditional watch crystals, because most of the time the screen is black (unlike analog watches) and scratches are very visible.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
I understand the want to protect it, but ask yourself-when with you last see a bumper/screen protector on a Rolex?

Seannyb

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Oregon
My Apple watch will already come with a screen protector. It's called Sapphire Crystal.

This. Any screen protection you might need is included in the purchase. ;) Heck, even the sport model with Ion X glass will be just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.