Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Certificate of Excellence

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2021
"..and go." Care to elaborate? Not sure what to do after. I didn't see any installation info in the readme file or on github. Thx!
Hmm, the way I interpret that is to unzip the file, locate the app icon and drag it into the applications folder of your macos and allow it to copy the app over. From there, drag the icon from your applications folder to your dock so it is available via your desktop.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I've also now made an e-mail client to go with SeaLion. I present to you... SeaMail.
Same download link.

SeaMail.png

I also updated SeaLion with a few UI changes. The preferences dialog is changed, and the default basic theme is changed. The backend stayed the same, so no web updates, just visual.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
New default theme is finally finished. Replaced Modern theme with Gray Modern. The blue tint didn't work well with OS X's menu bar and general color scheme. Dark mode support also added (prefs -> colors -> use dark colors) for sites that support it.

Still leaving it as version 32.2.0 as it's just UI improvements.

SL-default-theme.png

SL-modern-theme.png

Jottin

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2023
Just realized why I couldn't install it... this is how the bottom of github renders in my browser.

The "Assets" never show up. So, I opened the repo on a newer mac, and I can see/download them! Haha.

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 8.11.01 AM.png

rampancy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Just realized why I couldn't install it... this is how the bottom of github renders in my browser.

The "Assets" never show up. So, I opened the repo on a newer mac, and I can see/download them! Haha.

View attachment 2210072

It's a GitHub problem that's been discussed before - the details are a little over my head, but it's an issue with how GitHub's implementation of PolyFill is handled by older browsers. The last time I tested things out, the latest version of Pale Moon handled GitHub just fine, but ArcticFox and InterWeb still had problems.

Jottin

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2023
I just successfully installed SeaLion! It has been ages since I have been able to use certain websites. This is really great! Also looks like SeaLion supports some modern CSS3 specs such as Grid. Wow! My 32bit macbook thanks you!

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
2 themes are built in. Menu - tools - addons. I'm working on including more. They have to be slightly modified from older seamonkey to work.

Jottin

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2023
Ooooo... nice. Btw, I have a little experience making svg-based assets. I actually make a living at it building digital things for the web. If you need any help, happy to assist. Would love to have a pass at the logo for this amazing browser!

Reactions: wicknix

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Would love to have a pass at the logo for this amazing browser!
If you want to mess around with some logo / icon ideas, i'm not opposed to it. Download the source, then look in /navigator/branding/. Most everything is .png with the exception of a few .icns files for mac specifically. If you have some ideas, shoot me a PM with some images, and we can go from there.

Jottin

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2023
If you want to mess around with some logo / icon ideas, i'm not opposed to it. Download the source, then look in /navigator/branding/. Most everything is .png with the exception of a few .icns files for mac specifically. If you have some ideas, shoot me a PM with some images, and we can go from there.
I started a conversation and included some artwork.

Reactions: wicknix

MacFoxG4

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2019
Seeing all these themes available for SeaLion makes me think back to the days when I ran Netscape 7 and Firefox 2 and 3 on my Pentium 4. Definitely plan on checking out this browser when I get the chance.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
You hit the nail on the head. The browser component was ripped from early seamonkey, which was derived from netscape 6/7, and the themes that i baked in are classic firefox and grey modern. Other themes are also available in a separate download.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
32.2.1 is now available for Mac and x86 Linux. Bug fix release with new Mac branding (logo courtesy @Jottin). Also check out the sealion-extras.zip for more themes and extensions.

sealion-logo.png

• Love
Reactions: TheShortTimer
32.2.1 is now available for Mac and x86 Linux. Bug fix release with new Mac branding (logo courtesy @Jottin). Also check out the sealion-extras.zip for more themes and extensions.

View attachment 2220624

Sidebar: work on Interweb is over and done, isn’t it? Asking for a friend using 10.6.8 on their Mac…

Jottin

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2023
I just installed 32.2.1... and looks/works great. I was curious do the extras.zip (extensions and themes) work on the intel 32 build?

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I recommend seatab (puts close icon on tabs), ematrix (to block scripts) and one or the other of adblocklatitude or ublock (to block ads) at the very least.

Reactions: TheShortTimer

dbdjre0143

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2017
West Virginia
Hi @wicknix :)
When I try to run on Void PPC64, I'm getting this:
[danieldavis@G5Void sealion]$ ls
application.ini icudt63b.dat libnssutil3.so platform.ini
blocklist.xml icudt63l.dat libplc4.so plugin-container
chrome libfreeblpriv3.chk libplds4.so precomplete
chrome.manifest libfreeblpriv3.so libsmime3.so removed-files
components libhunspell.so libsoftokn3.chk run-mozilla.sh
defaults liblgpllibs.so libsoftokn3.so sealion
dependentlibs.list libmozsqlite3.so libssl3.so searchplugins
dictionaries libnspr4.so libxul.so
extensions libnss3.so license.txt
fonts libnssckbi.so omni.ja
[danieldavis@G5Void sealion]$ ./sealion
bash: ./sealion: No such file or directory
[danieldavis@G5Void sealion]$ ./run-mozilla.sh

run-mozilla.sh: Cannot execute .

[danieldavis@G5Void sealion]$
I'm guessing I'm missing a required lib maybe? Any idea what that may be? Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.