Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Ok, but you just said this :rolleyes: :

So you don't agree to disagree, no biggie, I'm done with arguing that its an issue or not. You don't think it is, I do. I'm done, peace out.

Read what I wrote again. What I said hasn’t changed you’re just not understanding.

And when you own a 16” and see YOU see ghosting then get back to me. Until then, bye!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thought about it, but I really don't have a workflow that I would notice the difference. I'm planning on keeping this for 3-4 years and giving to the wife at that point and upgrading mine.
The 15" is a good machine in of itself, I do think that apple has fixed a number of the shortcomings of that design. Additionally, the 16" does present a number of issues that may give you pause, though many people have received fully functional units w/o any of those issues. It all boils down, to whether the 16" gives you more of what you want then the 15"?

sat24

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2019
Which is not an issue.
Why do you say that?
[automerge]1575648692[/automerge]
Read what I wrote again. What I said hasn’t changed you’re just not understanding.

And when you own a 16” and see YOU see ghosting then get back to me. Until then, bye!
I own a 16" MBP that has the ghosting problem. What now? Are u gonna help me fix it?

riptidewahoo

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
We can agree to disagree. Every single solitary issue reported in here isn't a blanket problem or even a problem at all for the 16" MacBook Pro. I'm sorry, but it just isn't. That Ghosting thread has been challenged by many people (including myself) and there is not any validity to it in my opinion. You can think there is, and that's fine, but it doesn't make it an actual issue.

As I said, the reasons you have people complaining and returning the 16" are ridiculous in a lot of cases. You have one thread where someone returns his because he says the display rocks when you open it, and another guy who returned his because he felt like his delete key was a little louder than the other keys. Does that make these things issues? Nope. This forum is chock full of people complaining about this or that but that doens't make it a widespread problem.

A real problem is the speakers popping. Its been validated and enough people have the issue to actually say its a real issue causing people problems. The ghosting issue imo is nonsense and I'm not going to listen to someone tell me that my screen is ghosting when I've tested it against my iMac 5K, my iPad Pro, and my iPhone Pro Max and see no difference to my naked eye.
Dude get off your high horse. The ghosting problem is very real - don't tell me what my eyes can or cannot see. It was like I had five mouse pointers on the 16" screen and my current 13" does not exhibit this behavior at anywhere NEAR the same level.

I was also unable to read any scrolling text on this forum on the 16" while it is no problem to read scrolling text here on my 13".

Whether all 16" MBPs are affected or there is a panel lottery is still TBD.

Reactions: sat24

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Dude get off your high horse. The ghosting problem is very real - don't tell me what my eyes can or cannot see. It was like I had five mouse pointers on the 16" screen and my current 13" does not exhibit this behavior at anywhere NEAR the same level.

Whether all 16" MBPs are affected or there is a panel lottery is still TBD.

Did I tell you what your eyes could and could not see? My high horse just galloped over you.

fehhkk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Chicago, IL
It really depends on what you do with it. It’s really hard to max out the compute power on this machine even if you game (GPU will probably max out first).

I went from a 15” i9 to a 16” and it’s noticeable, I got more storage, faster memory for the same price (I was within the return window). I also like the new keyboard better.

if you’re comparing other synthetic benchmarks like geekbench, then it might see, not be worth the price.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Why do you say that?
[automerge]1575648692[/automerge]

I own a 16" MBP that has the ghosting problem. What now? Are u gonna help me fix it?

Nah, just return it. Pretty simple. If you think its an issue that affects all of them and you don't like it then don't use it. It couldn't be more simple. I myself don't see it and have zero issues with the screen so ghosting is not an issue for me and many others, like I said.

sat24

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2019
Nah, just return it. Pretty simple. If you think its an issue that affects all of them and you don't like it then don't use it. It couldn't be more simple. I myself don't see it and have zero issues with the screen so ghosting is not an issue for me and many others, like I said.
Oh ok. I thought you were going to actually be helpful. Thanks anyway!

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Oh ok. I thought you were going to actually be helpful. Thanks anyway!

I am being helpful. I gave you the simplest of solutions. Instead of complaining about it return it and use something else that you think is better. You’re welcome!

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
I sold my 2018 to get a 16”. Yes, those 15 inchers will lose value, unfortunately. I “lost” over $1,000 on my 2018.

Same for me. Apple offered me $1400 in trade-in for my 2018 15". I took it when I check with some of the better trade-in places and the max offer I got was $1475.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.