Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Congrats!!! :D

You've got a great head-start then!
…and a photo trip :rolleyes:

I really need to start getting a more commercial mindset for this…long exposure beach shots just aren't going to sell :eek:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm definitely going out on this trip with different goals than I had last summer, and I'll be armed with a stack of release forms, just in case. ;)

It's a pity there doesn't seem to be a market for "moody landscapes," as Doylem called them; if there were, you two would be very rich men! :)

But first I need a new tripod…mine does not sit level…

Same here. :(

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Thanks! Yeah, I'm definitely going out on this trip with different goals than I had last summer, and I'll be armed with a stack of release forms, just in case. ;)

It's a pity there doesn't seem to be a market for "moody landscapes," as Doylem called them; if there were, you two would be very rich men!

Ah, so we're all meeting up on Alamy... Congratulations on passing QC. It took me a few goes... and months before I really got the hang of what was required. Now my pix sail through (2,600 online now, and another batch passed QC a couple of minutes ago).

There is a market for moody landscapes, though I haven't sold many through Alamy. I see no problem in shooting pix for different purposes. It means I get more usable pix out of every photographic day.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Ah, so we're all meeting up on Alamy... Congratulations on passing QC. It took me a few goes... and months before I really got the hang of what was required. Now my pix sail through (2,600 online now, and another batch passed QC a couple of minutes ago).

There is a market for moody landscapes, though I haven't sold many through Alamy. I see no problem in shooting pix for different purposes. It means I get more usable pix out of every photographic day.

Thanks, Doylem. Yes, a small world just got even smaller. :D Honestly, I think I owe some debt of gratitude to you for constantly extolling the merits of using a tripod. As I was scrutinizing my images for my initial submission, I had to reject a lot of images that just weren't sharp enough (in my estimation) at 1:1. Three of the four I gave them were shot with a tripod. IS made the difference on the fourth. So keep beating that drum! Some of us are listening. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.