Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2015
Interesting development... I live in Southern Arizona and expected my watch to go from Louisville to Phoenix, but instead went to Mather, California first. After some research, there’s a dedicated UPS Airport there. I’m assuming that NOW it will be going to Phx.

Attachments

• F2BEF81C-F00D-4E5C-A95A-603150153DCA.jpeg
    F2BEF81C-F00D-4E5C-A95A-603150153DCA.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 294

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Interesting development... I live in Southern Arizona and expected my watch to go from Louisville to Phoenix, but instead went to Mather, California first. After some research, there’s a dedicated UPS Airport there. I’m assuming that NOW it will be going to Phx.
The one thing I think everyone forgets is HOW much stuff is on these planes. It is not your average, run of the mill domestic non-stop flight. So a few extra stops in there is not abnormal.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Are you in Yuma? Just wondered if I’ll meet you at ups in the morning lol. Mine also went to Mather and left there. I’m packing for an urgent trip out of town, hope to stall until I pick it up in the morning.

lexlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2015
Are you in Yuma? Just wondered if I’ll meet you at ups in the morning lol. Mine also went to Mather and left there. I’m packing for an urgent trip out of town, hope to stall until I pick it up in the morning.
Tucson!

EvilRedLion

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Tulsa, Ok
Mine just arrived locally - hopefully will be on the truck early AM now.

28vxaaa.jpg
Well you're right next to AK so like yeah mine should be in tulsa now. it's been 6 hours but wont update until the monring.... like i said in my past post that i hope it is delivered after 3 :) because it says by the end of the day.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
We have Phoenix touchdown. WOOHOO
I’m still sitting in Phoenix.. I wonder if they will truck them over or send a plane. I’ll be at the counter in the morning ... it’s been fun traveling with you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: DianaMR

Johhanna

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
AWS4 gold & iPXs gold have flown tinto Dallas-Fort Worth as of 6:16 pm CDT.

tomorrow they come “home”. :)
I ordered the max and watch. The phone says delivery tomorrow but I can’t find anything about my watch other than the confirmation when I bought it that says 9/21. Do they usually come in the same box or at least same carrier? The phone says fed ex. I am not in a crazy hurry for the watch but would definitely like to be home for delivery if it comes. Verizon’s orders page in accounts doesn’t even show it anymore but I can manually find it and it just says it is being processed and check back later
[doublepost=1537510734][/doublepost]I ordered the max and watch. The phone says delivery tomorrow but I can’t find anything about my watch other than the confirmation when I bought it that says 9/21. Do they usually come in the same box or at least same carrier? The phone says fed ex. I am not in a crazy hurry for the watch but would definitely like to be home for delivery if it comes. Verizon’s orders page in accounts doesn’t even show it anymore but I can manually find it and it just says it is being processed and check back later . I ordered both at the same time at start of preorder

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
More strangeness. My Watch is now in Lexington, KY.

Lexington, KY, United States 09/20/2018 6:07 P.M. Arrival Scan

Lexington is roughly the same distance from Cincinnati, but due south from Cincinnati rather than southeast. My UPS packages don't usually go through Lexington from Louisville.

According to the UPS system, my Watch is still in Lexington. That is not a good sign. I hope they’re not going to let me down today.

Edited: A 3:58 AM Departure Scan from Lexington just appeared, so I’m hoping the Watch is back on track and almost to Cincinnati.

Edited: It was scanned in in Cincinnati at 5:40 AM, and at 6:33 I received a text that my package had been delivered to the pick up location. It opens at 8:30.

Last edited:

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Ontario, CA, United States 09/21/2018 4:50 A.M. Departure Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 09/20/2018 3:32 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 09/20/2018 2:26 P.M. Departure Scan

It's on the truck!

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I ordered the max and watch. The phone says delivery tomorrow but I can’t find anything about my watch other than the confirmation when I bought it that says 9/21. Do they usually come in the same box or at least same carrier? The phone says fed ex. I am not in a crazy hurry for the watch but would definitely like to be home for delivery if it comes. Verizon’s orders page in accounts doesn’t even show it anymore but I can manually find it and it just says it is being processed and check back later
[doublepost=1537510734][/doublepost]I ordered the max and watch. The phone says delivery tomorrow but I can’t find anything about my watch other than the confirmation when I bought it that says 9/21. Do they usually come in the same box or at least same carrier? The phone says fed ex. I am not in a crazy hurry for the watch but would definitely like to be home for delivery if it comes. Verizon’s orders page in accounts doesn’t even show it anymore but I can manually find it and it just says it is being processed and check back later . I ordered both at the same time at start of preorder

Jo in same boat. Verizon even said shipped but Fedex says label created and that’s it. So looks like we got screwed. What’s the point of ordering at 3am???

I got the aluminum 40mm silver by the way. Still only label created even though an email from Verizon says it’ll be here today. What a joke.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
We have Phoenix touchdown. WOOHOO
I hope yours has better luck getting to you than mine... mine left Phoenix at 10:30pm, great piece of cake to get here.. um where is it 5 hours later? Oh it’s in Phoenix STILL but leaving AGAIN at 3:52. I’ll get it today but who knows when at this rate.

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Update: According to Leslie, a supervisor of a supervisor at Verizon, there are a batch of labels that basically slipped through the cracks and didn’t update properly at fedex because of the pre-order status. She said still to expect delivery today. Now it SOUNDED like she knew what she was talking about, but I have been fooled by confident sounding super-supervisors before. Anyhoo, just wanted to give you guys the update.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Got mine! Posted pics in the other Pre-order thread. Love it!!! Will post more pics in the Show Off Your Watch thread later. Good luck to everyone else expecting their watch today. Hope you love them as much as I do.

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
I picked mine up at 11 AM.

The screen is great. The 44 mm does not look any bigger than the 42 mm. I actually did a double-take and checked to be sure they didn't ship me a 40 mm.

I have to say that right now, the compatibility of complications on the Infographic watch face is frustrating. It'll resolve itself with app updates, but at the moment, no third-party complications are compatible.

Reactions: DianaMR

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Picked mine up 3 hours ago and am in love with it. 40mm SS gold.. it's not gold, just like everyone says but it is a very awesome color in my opinion. I saw one review saying it was hard to see in full sun, I disagree. I live in the desert and there isn't a cloud in the sky, blazing Arizona sun and the display is perfectly readable. The speakers ARE louder, the bigger display on still a reasonable size watch for my small wrist is just perfect. I'm impressed. I looked at the new max but I'm not upgrading my phone and would hate to carry that thing around. I like slipping my X in my small purse, or even the belt I wear when I go out for walks. That max would make me look like a WWF wrestler wearing a champion belt LOL. It's gorgeous though.
I've seen photos of the blue horizon sport band. I'm super reluctant to open mine, can I exchange it if I don't like it even if it's open? I have the other blues that it's going to be so very close to.. I think I might not want to keep another so close in color. Can't wait for the Cape Cod loop, although I think the colored connectors in a SS watch look a little tacky, but who's looking at that anyway really.

EvilRedLion

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Tulsa, Ok
I'm so mad, you have to wait for apple to get the information from it being delivered before you can return it or to exchange it. i was told that i was able to go and exchange it but noooo

edited: the 40mm is to small for me

tehStickMan

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2018
Australia
Well it's 9:30am here in regional Australia, and as always (this is third solid case) my local branch of the designated courier screwed up so yeah zero updates....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.