Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scutt

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
I just installed 14.6 and the problem didn't get fixed (shocker)
the build number is the same as the rc which I tried last week and reported issue still present as it is in 14.7 beta 1.

apple have said it will be fixed in a future update so my guess currently is 15.0!!

however the crackle affects iOS, iPadOS, tvOS & macOS so it could be a while.

banfiz

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2017
London, England
I have also had massive issues with TVOS 14.5. After a ton of diagnosing it all came down to the Apple TV and 14.5.
I can stream from iTunes, music, my NAS All sources the sound slowly goes out of sync and I’ve got to click back 10 seconds to get it into sync.
I have wiped my Apple TV’s and reinstalled the OS with no Resolution.
The issue is definitely 14.5. Come on Apple figure this out and update the dam system

Reactions: 2REPOU

Scutt

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
so is anyone brave enough to try tvOS 15 on their Apple TV 4K? can't decide if I should risk it on my HD I guess the worst is that I will be forced to use 13.4.8 for a properly working audio.

Scutt

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
so not brave tvOS 15 yet on an Apple TV but I have have put iPadOS 15 on my older iPad and unfortunately the crackle is still present so at this stage I am assuming that it will still be present in tvOS 15

Scutt

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
So today’s release of tvOS 14.7 beta 3 seems to have cleared up the clicking issue as does big sur 11.5 beta 3

hopefully the specific code change has been implemented in iOS and iPadOS 15 ready for beta 2 as beta 1 still had clicking

natalie addict

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2009
I've been having problems with audio sync and crackling in the sound since 14.5 with both a Apple TV HD box that got upgraded and a brand new Apple TV 4k out the box. I'm happy to say that the new 14.7 download seems to have fixed both these issues. (I've only downloaded 14.7 to the 4k box, I'm leaving the HD box at TVOS 13 for the time being.)

2REPOU

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2019
14.7 seems to have addressed the audio out of sync issue for me. I did not have the crackling issues others had. Working so far on ATV 4 and 4K ATV
What OS you using on your Mac? I still have issues with Monterey (using TV TVAPP) to ATV HD on anything above 13.8

banfiz

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2017
London, England
14.7 seems to have addressed the audio out of sync issue for me. I did not have the crackling issues others had. Working so far on ATV 4 and 4K ATV
Just installed 14.7 and I can verify that the audio sync issue has disappeared for me as well. Thank God it was irritating the pants off me

2REPOU

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2019
Does anyone have any success getting rid of the sync issue on Monterey? I have tried 14.7 and 15 with the issue persisting

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
With my ATV 4K running 14.7 I am finding the lip-sync problem with stereo Homepods has returned for some apps. I thought I would troubleshoot by adjusting the ATV audio settings (change from Auto to Stereo) but found that this setting was now grayed out.
I guess I have to wait for tvOS and TV app updates to fix the irritating problem.

sfxguy

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
Los Angeles
Just installed 14.7 and I can verify that the audio sync issue has disappeared for me as well. Thank God it was irritating the pants off me
Nope. It is better, way less movies I stream through the Computers app have the issue but a lot still do that were just fine before...

2REPOU

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2019
I am also getting issues when using airplay from Monterey (Beta 3) to ATV4 (HD) 13.8. After a while the audio gets static sounding. Stop and restart fixes. These issues are a PITA as that is the idea of being on one ecosystem

Darryl89

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2021
East, England
I have recently bought a Apple TV 4K and it’s running on tvOS 15.

When I watch any film with Atmos sound and Dolby Vision picture after 10-15 mins the audio starts to get more and more delayed. If I exit and go back in and rewind, it goes back in sync but again after 15 mins is behind and out of sync again.

I am not using a sound bar, just a high speed 2.0a HDMI plugged into my TV and sound coming from TV speakers. My tv is a 12/58PUS7505 Philips 4K TV with Dolby Vision and Atmos. It runs at 60hz but I tried changing the Apple TV settings to 50hz and I have turned match frame rate off but the problem persists. My TV can play Atmos and Vision from its own Netflix app and from Sky Q with no issues so it’s not the TV.

Also the sound crackles when I play Atmos after playing non Atmos and sometimes unplugging and re plugging the HDMI works, sometimes it doesn’t and sometimes videos and songs will stop start automatically and will only stop if I reset the box.

I have factory reset the box, tried different ports and cables, tried AirPlay all with no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.