Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Hey guys,

So just when I thought the new iPadOS 17.1 update was installed: My iPad 9th gen didn't display a text message saying that the 17.1 update was installed successfully... 😭😭😭 It ALWAYS displays that the particular update was successfully installed after its finished rebooting... o_O

Is there any way for me to check that it was installed successfully?

When I go to "Settings" then "About" it says iPadOS Version 17.1 but is there another way I can check?

Can I access a website that'll tell me 17.1 was installed?

Thank you for any advice!

Reactions: CooperBox

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I didn't get that message in the usual fashion on my iPhone either, which I thought was strange. A few moments later than usual it popped up, but closed itself (I didn't need to press OK). It's possible that it also closed itself on your iPad and you didn't notice it.

As far as I'm aware, the OS is effectively a single unit and will either succeed or fail. If Settings is reporting that you're on 17.1 then it sounds like it installed successfully.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Hi, this is a section of the forum I rarely look into but just did as your name rang a bell elsewhere.;)
This probably will not be of much help, but here goes......
I have an iPad Pro 3rd gen used very rarely, and had to just check to see what iOS it was running - iOS 16.3.1. Whether it be my MBPro 2012, or iMac2020 (gorgeous machine by the way!), I generally lag behind in terms of updates, preferring to wait until a new version has been out for at least 6-9 months, hopefully to iron out any 'infancy bugs'. Many will state this unwise - and that's ok, but for as long as I've been using Mac OSX (since 2002 with a PowerBook Ti) I've never had any problems affecting software and/or general operation.
Guess I'll probably await until iOS 18 release is imminent before updating to iOS17.?.?
Cheers!

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Thank you for your replies!

For anyone unsure about the new update:

My iPad 9th gen has been running great since the 17.1 update was installed!

Reactions: katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.