Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muji3163

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2024
When observing the screen of the MacBook Pro 14" (2021), a Vignette Effect is noticed at the corners when viewing towards the center of the screen. However, when focusing on the corners, this effect Vanishes. Please Guide me i'am concious

I am becoming concerned about this. I have seen some tech YouTubers discussing this issue, mentioning that the vignette effect appears on the corners of the screen in devices like the Apple Pro Display XDR and iPads as well. Is this because Apple is now using Mini LED displays?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
When observing the screen of the MacBook Pro 14" (2021), a Vignette Effect is noticed at the corners when viewing towards the center of the screen. However, when focusing on the corners, this effect Vanishes. Please Guide me i'am concious

I am becoming concerned about this. I have seen some tech YouTubers discussing this issue, mentioning that the vignette effect appears on the corners of the screen in devices like the Apple Pro Display XDR and iPads as well. Is this because Apple is now using Mini LED displays?
Yes, it's because of the Mini LED displays (because light is coming from behind instead of from the edges) and you won't notice it once you stop caring about it.

Reactions: The Clark

Muji3163

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2024
Yes, it's because of the Mini LED displays (because light is coming from behind instead of from the edges) and you won't notice it once you stop caring about it.
Thank you soo much i was nervous about it. ✨

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.