Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sublunar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Really? I am still waiting for the confirmation that they quietly reduced the student discount of Macbook Pro retina from 15% to 10%, and iMac from 12% to 10%.

I've already made the purchase of the highest 2Tb iMac and typing from it now....

If the price keeps the same after the event on 27th, I'll return it.

Still too early to say for sure but I think somehow prices will increase across the board, you probably did the right thing buying that iMac now.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

chenzz

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Still too early to say for sure but I think somehow prices will increase across the board, you probably did the right thing buying that iMac now.

I will surely come back and update this thread after 27th. Fingers crossed.

Can't tell MUCH difference between either the screen resolution or the speed to browsing internet and watching youtube videos from less than 50cm away.

A little bit disappointed, also couldn't use as a target display.

chenzz

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
So!

It's £2249.00 now, 2024.49 for edu price. haha. With exactly the same feature.

I've paid 1649 for student price, which is now

Thanks for everyone who suggested me to buy it last week. Easy save of 380 quid.

sublunar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
So!

It's £2249.00 now, 2024.49 for edu price. haha. With exactly the same feature.

I've paid 1649 for student price, which is now

Thanks for everyone who suggested me to buy it last week. Easy save of 380 quid.

It's a UK price nightmare. Every Mac (even the desktops) went up in price. Even the refurbished models which are now 15% off the new RRP.

Top billing is the base Mac Pro which is now £2999 including VAT at 20%, that's a £500 price hike and no spec bump.

Third party retailers are still selling at the old price from what I can see. If you need a Mac now, go third party (assuming you see an acceptable off the shelf spec) and buy AppleCare if you want to service a Mac with Apple.

chenzz

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
It's a UK price nightmare. Every Mac (even the desktops) went up in price. Even the refurbished models which are now 15% off the new RRP.

Top billing is the base Mac Pro which is now £2999 including VAT at 20%, that's a £500 price hike and no spec bump.

Third party retailers are still selling at the old price from what I can see. If you need a Mac now, go third party (assuming you see an acceptable off the shelf spec) and buy AppleCare if you want to service a Mac with Apple.

I am wondering whether the media gonna start criticizing Apple like they did to Unilever.
This is just the very beginning. Cars, all the electronic devices will raise their price.
Stupid Brexiters applaud for 0.5% GDP rise measured in GBP!

sublunar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
I am wondering whether the media gonna start criticizing Apple like they did to Unilever.
This is just the very beginning. Cars, all the electronic devices will raise their price.

They might do because it's Apple but HP and Dell unilaterally raised prices a couple of weeks ago I think. Microsoft are about to as well. It's just that Apple's price increase looks like being around double the others.

It comes to this when we say buying old stock at yesterday's retail prices are a 'bargain'...

Razzerman

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007

Personally, I'm happy that apple have chucked 20% on their prices. It's quite a relief knowing that I can now focus on building a hackintosh when the time comes. As for us 'stupid brexiteers', we had a vote; we voted to leave, so let's just get on with it rather than waving our arms in the air and moaning about it. I voted to leave, btw. I would be genuinely interested to know if you are on the remain side due to personal circumstances.

Cheers,

Razzerman

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
As predicted, prices in the UK have gone up. The cheapest 27" iMac is still US$1,799, but it has changed from £1,449 to £1,749. Taking 20% VAT into account, this means the exchange rate changed from £1 = $1.49 to £1 = 1.23. Could have been worse.
[doublepost=1477613471][/doublepost]
As for us 'stupid brexiteers', we had a vote; we voted to leave, so let's just get on with it rather than waving our arms in the air and moaning about it. I voted to leave, btw. I would be genuinely interested to know if you are on the remain side due to personal circumstances.

Well, it seems lots of people trusted one lying swine who still gets £85,000 a year as an MEP and does nothing for his money (that's Nigel Farage who publicly said that he doesn't give a **** what happens to the UK after leaving the EU), or they trusted the other lying swine (Boris Johnson, famous for promising 350 million non-existing pound a week for the NHS) who out of jealousy for his old school buddy Cameron started this campaign, hoping for a close loss for Brexit and using it to get rid of Cameron. That Boris Johnson has now been promoted to "foreign minister" and used several opportunities to demonstrate that he may well know all kinds of dead languages, but apart from that is a clueless idiot.

I'd say in two years time, Scotland will be gone from the UK and applying for EU membership, Gibraltar will be Spanish at last (will be fun when all the tax evaders will have to return to the UK or pay Spanish taxes), and heaven knows what happens with Northern Ireland.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
As for us 'stupid brexiteers', we had a vote; we voted to leave, so let's just get on with it rather than waving our arms in the air and moaning about it. I voted to leave

We accept the decision, we are waiting for those that lead us into it to lead - whilst this is not happening the pound is falling - things are getting more expensive.

Not sure why you think the cause and effect of Brexit and prices rises are not something to moan about.

Razzerman

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Not sure why you think the cause and effect of Brexit and prices rises are not something to moan about.

I think of it as a short term pain for a longer term gain. Anyway, this is veering a little off topic. I think the OP has made the right decision for him. Saved him self a few hundred quids :)

Cheers,

Razzerman

chenzz

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
We accept the decision, we are waiting for those that lead us into it to lead - whilst this is not happening the pound is falling - things are getting more expensive.

I guess what he is trying to say is 52% Brexiters are ready to take any financial hit to get our country back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.