Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should I get:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I just can’t make up my mind.

Then it's easy.. :D You always go Space Gray until you've gotten it too many times that you're ready for a change and then you get silver. After having silver for a while you realize that you would rather have Space Gray. This cycle repeats every 4-5 years although the timing may differ from person to person.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Then it's easy.. :D You always go Space Gray until you've gotten it too many times that you're ready for a change and then you get silver. After having silver for a while you realize that you would rather have Space Gray. This cycle repeats every 4-5 years although the timing may differ from person to person.
I’ve never thought of doing that. That’s smart!

Reactions: BenTrovato

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
Go to the store and look at both options....

If you are going to get the apple folio, Remember that only the edges will be seen. If you are getting any other case look at what will be seen....may not matter if you have it in a case that covers all of it.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Space grey model once scratched will be silver.’

Silver model once scratched will not look as bad.

Get grey if you are sure you won’t scratch your device.

Just imagine one day you notice a silver scratch mark on the grey model.

Reactions: athletejmv

offEND

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2018
My vote is for the space gray. I love mine :)

Attachments

• sg.jpg
    sg.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5,743
Reactions: sahni130

VMMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
I picked gray because my MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones are all silver or white.

I did think about the gray anodization scraping off, but my iPad will always be in a clear case.

Rck1984

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2017
The Netherlands
I bought a Space Grey model.

I checked up a Silver model in the store, but found the thin silver border a little distracting.
Dark borders on screens have a reason, they blend in better with the actual panel and don't distract as much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.