Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you shower with your AW3?

• yes

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • no

Votes: 90 53.9%

• Total voters

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
I wear mine in the shower mainly because I workout every morning and its a good way to clean the watch and myself at the same time! I've been doing this for a while now with no issues. I make sure to dry the band, lugs, and watch thoroughly when I'm done as well.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
I also wear it in the shower but typically only after swimming and then I rinse it again very well with fresh water immediately afterwards.

The only reason I keep it on is to avoid dropping it on the tiles at the pool after breaking my first S3 on tiled floor at home.

There may be extra good reasons not to subject the watch to either steam or oil stripping detergents other than the rubber seals.

Often ABC watches (Altimeter Barometer Compass) have an open barometer and the S3 has one of these also for it's altitude reading. These sensors are often protected only by a layer of silicone grease which doesn't have a problem with low temperatures and fresh water but will be washed away in higher temperatures and with detergent. I don't know if AW has this kind of issue but I do know that it does exist for some ABC watches.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I wear mine in the shower mainly because I workout every morning and its a good way to clean the watch and myself at the same time! I've been doing this for a while now with no issues. I make sure to dry the band, lugs, and watch thoroughly when I'm done as well.

I think that’s the most important thing, is that you thoroughly dry it when you’re out of the shower, that way any remaining water isn’t left on the watch to enter any crevices. But many wear their Apple Watch in the shower without issues.

Reactions: Jason Hensley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.