Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
Hello,

I'm a math instructor. I want to create instructional videos by screen recording GoodNotes 5 on an iPad with a pencil and uploading them to an M1 MacBook Pro.

I'm looking for video editing software that will make it as easy as possible to edit these videos. I'm not doing anything complex, just cutting out parts of videos where I make mistakes and splicing in corrections. I don't mind paying for software I use, but I don't need advanced editing software with features I'll never use.

Any recommendations? A friend of mind mentioned Camtasia.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
iMovie is a good one that's built into most Macs, but you can also download it if it didn't already come on your MacBook Pro.
I second that. iMovie is great for first-time video editors on the Mac OS. As you work your way up in editing techniques, iMovie even includes features you'll appreciate like good-quality color-correction and stabilization, rubberband-style audio editing, and more.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
I did my first music video on iMovie and since then moved to FCP. Now I also use Apple Motion, Pixelmator Pro and hope to use Capcut for combined effects. iMovie is a great beginner friendly app, which is way powerful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.