Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KWarp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2009
iOS 8.4.1 on an iPhone 5S

The Siri voice command "take me home" is supposed to pull up Apple Maps and start navigation to my home address. In September 2014, I bought a new car with the Siri Eyes Free feature, and recall the "take me home" command working perfectly for the first few months. As of July 2015, realized that "take me home" never works if initiated in the car.

I ran a couple experiments and determined the following:

1) Phone not connected to a car via bluetooth: "take me home" unlocks my phone, opens Apple Maps, compiles route, and waits for me to press "Start".

2) Phone is connected to my car via bluetooth: "take me home" has Siri reply "starting route to home"... and then nothing happens.

3) Phone is connected to my car via bluetooth: "open Maps" has Siri reply "I'm sorry [name], I can't do that while you're in the car."

I'm guessing a recent software update prevents Siri from opening apps while connected to a car via bluetooth. Can anyone advise?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.