Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Crazy part about this ... I have a iPhone 6 16GB iOS 9 someone gave to me and I've been syncing it nonstop, Siri never goes silent.

My old iPhone 6 64 GB iOS 9 which the GF is using now, Siri goes silent with all the symptoms we all have.

galavanter

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2008
Same here as of last night. iPhone 6 on 9.0.2. British voice works, but it's annoying. I miss my girl. I pick up my Apple Watch in a few days too.

EDIT: Does 9.1 fix this issue?

Last edited:

Dushane

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2016
How about the Voice Feedback setting in Siri settings? How about Siri's volume when Siri is on the screen?
There is a simple solution for this, launch Siri, while its launched turn up that volume using either the ear buds or the left side volume on your phone, you can only make it louder when it's launched otherwise your only making the volume of the speaker louder, both volumes are separate of each other

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There is a simple solution for this, launch Siri, while its launched turn up that volume using either the ear buds or the left side volume on your phone, you can only make it louder when it's launched otherwise your only making the volume of the speaker louder, both volumes are separate of each other
Thus the question I posted in relation to that...almost a year ago. Seems like that was taken into account based in the rest of there thread after that and there were some other issues in play (among a few different people that were posting).

Susie4170

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2015
Los Angeles
I'm actually having this issue since updating to iOS 9.3.3. If I turn the volume on Siri up, it doedn't stay. It seems to be connected to my volume control in CC now. Before 9.3.3, if I set Siri's volume, it would stay on whatever I set it on, no matter if I turned my volume down on music, etc. Now if I turn the volume down, Siri's volume goes with it. It should be independent, right?

I've tried a hard reset, turning Siri off and on, reset network setting, turning dictation on and off, different Siri voices, and the issue still persists.

Any ideas?

Srankin63

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2017
Also am experiencing this. Seems to be affecting a very small number of users. After digging through reddit, I learned that a backup then restore to iTunes fixes this. Haven't tried it myself, though.

Activate Siri by hey Siri. As soon as a response starts press your volume up button.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Activate Siri by hey Siri. As soon as a response starts press your volume up button.
Realistically you can activate it using any method you want and then turn up the volume (assuming the volume is the issue to begin with).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.