Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tommy Wasabi

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2003
Chicago
Lexus 2010 RX350 and iPhone 4s

I have a Lexus 2010 RX350 and it connects via Bluetooth but when I try and dial out or receive a call my 4s won't put the audio thru the car - it only puts it thru the 4s. Normally, I would just tap the 4s speaker in the dial window and select the Lexus or speaker or headset. The only option available is the speaker. Siri works to dial - but the phone disconnects as soon as it starts to dial.

The Lexus works fine with the iPhone 4 but not the 4s.

Has anyone called Lexus?

joudbren

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I was having the same issues with my new 2011 Subaru Impreza and my iPhone 4S. I've been able to restore normal function again though by deleting ALL previous phone profiles in the stereo and then re-pairing the new phone from scratch. Just throwing that out there in case any of you haven't tried that. Can't say for sure it will work but it has been the solution for me.

In my case I also tried to delete the previous profile via the stereo controls and that didn't do it. It was only when I did the setup using the voice commands in the stereo was I able to see the previous profiles and delete them. Not saying your radios will be the same but this is definitely a quirk for some Subaru head units and documented on a Subaru forum that I hang out on.

Anyhoo, worth a try to make sure ALL your previous profiles are deleted in your head unit and then pair the phone again from scratch. Cheers!

James

funkysax

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
iPhone Siri sync problems

I actually booked my car in to my dealership to have this problem fixed.
Siri will not put a call through on the voice recognition system.
They said it did not work in those year's models!

It seems it is definitely a Lexus issue. They basically screwed up the operating system of the bluetooth systems in certain cars of that year. Eg 2010 and 2011 RX350s & 450h at least and others.

Those affected should write to Lexus to complain and maybe they will come out with a fix for the system in those years. I am sure it can be fixed with a firmware update.
Lexus just have to get off their asses and fix it and and they will if enough people moan about it! So get writing!! :) ;)

DainBramage1

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
I have a 2010 Lexus and it works fine. I press and hold the home button, which launches Siri. It takes about 2-3 seconds for the bluetooth to activate and bring sound from the phone over the speakers. During this time, Siri of course has already activated. You have to push the Siri button one or two times to re-activate it. NOT the home button. Just the Siri button. Then you're good to go until you're done. The only thing it doesn't do, is if you tell Siri to make a call for you, in the second it takes for the iPhone to switch over to the voice call, the bluetooth from Lexus disconnects, which in turn ends the call on the phone before it even starts. That's the only thing I find that doesn't work.

Please let me know if you came across a solution to this problem?

DainBramage1

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
I have a 2011 Lexus ES 350 (with nav and bluetooth) and an iPhone 4S. Streaming audio over bluetooth works fine for me, as does holding down the home button to activate Siri and speak with her through the car. Unfortunately, I too am having the problem described with making phone calls from Siri, where the car's bluetooth seems to momentarily disconnect from the iPhone, causing the call to be cancelled. I can use the car's voice recognition to make the call, sure, but that involves making sure my phonebook is always sync'd, and I rather think that Siri's voice recognition works better than the car's. I'm not sure who would be at fault here, Apple or Toyota.

Did you find a solution to the call disconnections?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.