Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captain Judy

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
Black Market Grey Market SHADY MARKET Close Out Genius

Clix Pix,
I did not know this. Learn something new every day. Thanks!
So I have been posting the wrong term. I wonder what it is when scammers make replicas that do not have the features such as being able to use AF lenses when they market cameras from the manufacturer with specific specifications as well as the body being substituted to an inferior plastic product instead of, for instance in this example, magnesium alloy.

This was the scam of Close Out Genious who at first tried to sell me the Nikon D300 camera for 400.00 more than the advertised price after purchase for this AF feature and later on when talking to the manager he tried to sell it to me for 800.00 more claiming there is a USA and International model. Nikon says they only make one camera style for each of the models they make whether from their US or International plants.

Perhaps scammers CLOSEOUT GENIUS should be considered the SHADY market...between black and grey market! :confused:

Captain Judy

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
Shady Market Genius

And perhaps Shady825 is such a genius on this subject because he touts and markets the name :rolleyes:

Perhaps 825 shady dealings :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.