Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jupiter9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2021
Has Apple ever explained why did they make the clock smaller on TouchID phones but not on the ones with notch? Strange design decision.

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Because Apple doesn’t actually care about the old screen factor. Look at the OG SE, the most recent ones, too. So many non-thoughts, it’s obvious the devs don’t use these phones.

• Sad
Reactions: sorgo †

Jupiter9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2021
What do you mean? I didn't notice anything.
iOS 13 left, iOS 14+ right.. on FaceID models the clock are still the same size as iOS 13

Attachments

• IMG_0913.png
    IMG_0913.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 113

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
iOS 13 left, iOS 14+ right.. on FaceID models the clock are still the same size as iOS 13
Oh, no idea. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was a design decision. The clock on Face ID devices may be larger to match the giant lock that appears above the time.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Yep the lock screen clock is now horrible - too small to see with blurry eyes at night.
On iOS 9 it’s great. Nice & big.

As to why? Apple wrecks stuff that used to work fine all the time. They change stuff for the worse on a regular basis.

My workaround for the little Lock Screen clock numbers at night is to screen zoom the phone to make it fill the screen before locking the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.