Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsara

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
I love the Smart Folio but do find them overpriced for what they are. Anyone know of any good brands with an alternative? Mostly going to use it when I don’t have my M4 iPad Pro in the MKB.

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I have the new ESR Rebound Keyboard just delivered here for the 13” iPad Pro. Works surprisingly well: they’ve added a new row of function keys above the numberics & the balance is quite good (typing this on my lap now). Bluetooth is very fast, zero lag; the track pad is a little smaller than the new Magic Keyboard (no big deal at all); and unlike Apple, the ESR comes with a magnetic sleeve for the iPad with surround side protection. Very nice, a quarter of the price of the Apple product.

nutriousmitten

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2017
Usually shy away from OEM accessories for any of my devices over the years, as Amazon for phone cases and chargers etc are much more reasonable, but for each iPad we've had since 2010, OEM Smartfolio case all the way.

I tried a similar one from Amazon on one of the iPads a few years ago and it was disentegrating after 2 months of light use. Still have Smartfolio on my IPP from 2017 and while it's getting a bit ragged looking, still doing the job.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010

F-Stop

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
The 'Sunny' South Coast UK
@lsara

I have the ESR Trifold slim and light case for my 13” M4 and it does do a great job at a fraction of the price of the official Apple Smart Folio…but it’s just still too bulky for my requirements…so it looks like I will be getting the Apple one after all :cool:

Andy

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Really like the decoded slim folio. They have not much stock of anything. Looks like going out of business except for remaining stock left.

aurora_sect

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2022
Speck makes pretty cool stuff; I have an iPhone case from them that I really like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.