Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
At least I think it's cool :)

I took this picture in San Francisco last year...enlarged it to 48"x60", cut it into 36 individual 8x10's, then printed them out...and now I have this :) Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it, how I'm going to mount it etc. But I think it looks pretty cool!

coffee4860.jpg

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
crazydreaming said:
I think that's really cool. Just curious as to what you took the original photo with? Digital? Film? That's pretty big.

Canon Rebel XT, lowest compression JPEG mode. Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens, shot at f/8.0.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This is one of my all-time favorite things to do, though I've only done it once and seen it alot. I seriously give major kudos to you and doing this. However, the photo, for some reason to me is just awesome and I would love to have that on my wall...don't ask, but it just strikes me yanno.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
That is a pretty cool image. Nice work! Pity your barista didn't give you a nice little heart of fern leaf patter in the foam though ;)!

I love rasterbated images. Some of the ones in the gallery look absolutely unreal. I just need an apartment....

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
jessica. said:
This is one of my all-time favorite things to do, though I've only done it once and seen it alot. I seriously give major kudos to you and doing this. However, the photo, for some reason to me is just awesome and I would love to have that on my wall...don't ask, but it just strikes me yanno.

Thanks!!

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
MattG said:
At least I think it's cool :)

I took this picture in San Francisco last year...enlarged it to 48"x60", cut it into 36 individual 8x10's, then printed them out...and now I have this :) Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it, how I'm going to mount it etc. But I think it looks pretty cool!

<snip>

How did you manage to blow it up that big without losing any quality?

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
iNeedtoSwitch said:
How did you manage to blow it up that big without losing any quality?

Well it definitely lost some quality, that's unavoidable...it just looks as good as it does because it was taken with a high resolution camera, a high quality lens, and printed on a pretty good printer!

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
That is awesome! I dont know why...it definately just looks really cool. It would be great to have on a wall or something.

Nice shot and idea! :)

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Shamus said:
That is awesome! I dont know why...it definately just looks really cool. It would be great to have on a wall or something.

I saw the picture and immediatly thought of the new Apple Store and how great it would look on a wall. I can't find a picture that I like, actually the Apple site has the one(s) I want but they are too small. :(

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
You wouldn't mind sharing that kick ass photo to us camera challenged people without 8 Megapixel cameras so that we can print it out do this would you?:D

Wow that was a strange sentence

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
me hate windows said:
You wouldn't mind sharing that kick ass photo to us camera challenged people without 8 Megapixel cameras so that we can print it out do this would you?:D

Wow that was a strange sentence

I would like that too, but I'm guessing you won't.. I don't think I would, if I had created something like this.

Try and sell it to coffee shops, as CanadaRAM said. :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If you figure out how to mount it, can you tell us? I'd love to know. Maybe I could try something like this out for myself. Possibly professionally printed as well. It wouldn't really be too expensive if you know where to go.

Also, did you actually cut up the image (crop the image 36 times to form 36 separate images), or did you just enlarge the image to 48" x 60" and press PRINT, and let your printer software just print it out this way? :confused:

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
Please make one of those slider games like you used to get with older versions of the MacOS. I think it'd keep you entertained for oh, five minutes? That looks really good mate, let us know what you do with it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.