Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Abstract said:
If you figure out how to mount it, can you tell us? I'd love to know. Maybe I could try something like this out for myself. Possibly professionally printed as well. It wouldn't really be too expensive if you know where to go.

Also, did you actually cut up the image (crop the image 36 times to form 36 separate images), or did you just enlarge the image to 48" x 60" and press PRINT, and let your printer software just print it out this way? :confused:

I believe there is a way in Photoshop to print an image by slices.

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Abstract said:
If you figure out how to mount it, can you tell us? I'd love to know. Maybe I could try something like this out for myself. Possibly professionally printed as well. It wouldn't really be too expensive if you know where to go.

Also, did you actually cut up the image (crop the image 36 times to form 36 separate images), or did you just enlarge the image to 48" x 60" and press PRINT, and let your printer software just print it out this way? :confused:

Yeah I'll post a picture once I have it mounted...it may be a while though ;)

And I actually cut up the image in Photoshop. First I enlarged it, then cut it into 36 separate 8x10's. Haha check this out...it's actually kinda neat:

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 161

tykles

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2004
Colorado
So did you have to make 36 copies and crop each one differently?
I'd love more details on how you did it so I can steal your idea for my own selfish use!
Thanks.

tkidBOSTON

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2005
The Hub of the Universe
So what do you guys think is the minimum camera requirements to do something like this effectively? I have a consumer 6MP point and shoot digital cam. Would something like that be enough or is the 8 the OP used the minimum?
(Sorry if this is a silly question, I really have very limited knowledge on cameras and photos)

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
tykles said:
So did you have to make 36 copies and crop each one differently?
I'd love more details on how you did it so I can steal your idea for my own selfish use!
Thanks.

Nah, what I did was make one pictures 48x60. I made a rectangular selection box in Photoshop the size 8x10. I would move the box onto one 8x10 portion, copy it, and then paste it into a new 8x10 document. Then I'd go back to the 48x60, move the box, and copy and paste the next portion, repeating 35 times. It took a while :)

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Abstract said:

I'm also curious as to how you got it to print out....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.