Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVR2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
I'd totally forgotten that I had an Apple ID linked to a Yahoo email address that no longer exists. When setting up a new iPhone, after it asked me to enter the password for my usual Apple ID, it asked for the password for the ID linked to Yahoo. I have no idea what it is. Fortunately, it eventually stopped asking for it and I was able to use the phone as normal.

I can only assume that the Yahoo-based ID was used to buy tracks from the iTunes Music Store back in the day. I have no memory of which tracks they may be. Is there any way to automagically audit all my music purchases and see which accounts they are linked to?

I did try doing a "forgot my password" on Yahoo, but it tells me that the email address does not exist.

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
Sorry for the extremely late reply, but if you have access To your account info, go to your Apple ID screen, Media and Purchases and then view account settings, it’s easier on a computer but you can legit view your entire purchase history and details that will show you all the purchases made with the Apple ID you are trying to find. If you have windows or iTunes you can create a smart playlist that can sort out your media by Apple ID but that’s another topic hehe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.