Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2022
Yet my iPhone 15 Pro Max bought a few weeks after launch with AOD on and using wireless charging still has 100% battery health.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Yet my iPhone 15 Pro Max bought a few weeks after launch with AOD on and using wireless charging still has 100% battery health.
I was keeping mine at 100% but noticed i really did not need that much battery in 24 hours, so i limited charging to 80% even after 24 hours i am just down to around 72% and just a quick charge of 20 t0 30 minuets has it back to 80%

This way it.s less stress on battery and less time i have to charge my iPhone Pro. if you don't use your phone a lot try the 80%

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
One thing for sure the new USB-C Charging ports male and female and and it's charging system is far better then the old lighting system.

Reactions: Moparherb

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Mine gets hot when CarPlay is connected, but besides that it's mostly smooth sailing. The plus side is that the brushed finish still looks incredible after all this time, hides scratches like a champ.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
My 15 PM got slightly warm when I first restored with my 14 PM and has never got warm since. Zero heating problems and like others, I only use about 20-25% of my battery every day so I limit it to 80% and use a 5 watt charger via USC-C.

ipaqrat

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2017
Some people on MacRumors said Titanium is so bad, causes overheating and kills the battery... Yet my iPhone 15 Pro Max bought a few weeks after launch with AOD on and using wireless charging still has 100% battery health.

Correct. Chat forums can be fun and helpful, But MacRumors is hardly a physics lab.

Being agreeable, or keeping one's trap shut, is borrrrinnng, and hardly keeps a chat forum afloat. Fortunately for discussion boards, lots of folks are contrarian by nature - prowling for any hook upon which to hang any debate, even just hook-shaped wet noodles.

We cherry-pick five things about metallurgy, thermodynamics, electromagnetism and IT that we heard about in "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", and then act superior like we "cracked the secret code", when the actual equation has a hundred variables in fifteen differentials.

Titanium in iPhones is one of those things, partly because it was raucous fun, but mostly because titanium is so pretty and people love to break pretty things.

Then y'all come along and ruin it with your practical observations, and reports of actual performance in hand... Like... The initial heat bloom is caused by workloads reindexing, rekeying and resynching a zillion files with new hardware, plus near-constant use of cell/wifi transceiver for hours -- NOT by suboptimized interfacial thermal conductance between metals and semiconductors??

FIIIINEUH! I guess I'll just go on back to the MS Office 365 vs. Apple Pages/Numbers/Keynote debate. No ridiculous evidence or facts over there...

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017

It was never a severely widespread issue. The overheating issue was real and there are users who faced this issue on a daily basis. We do know that Instagram and a couple of other apps were likely the cause - not the design of the iPhone itself - and Apple fixed it swiftly.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
My iPhone 15 Pro Max was getting hot for the first few weeks but it slowly stopped

I am expecting it to be because of software and could need an update in the future

M2MaxMan

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
Titanium is just fine!!! I’ve been using this metal for many years working on jet engines and aviation planes before it cross over into the fashion fad media mainstream.

Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB
2022 M2 Max Mac Studio 1TB
2022 M2 iPad Pro 256GB (6th generation)

Reactions: Pierre535

M2MaxMan

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
You would have to stop and think on how this device is so compacted into this enclosed casing of this titanium metal. The micro electronics inside these cases are working generating “heat” which is getting its power source from the battery which it has become hot as well. The titanium is not effecting your battery life on these phones, it’s the heat from the micro electronic components process that’s causing that thermodynamic effect. If you were to use a hard aluminum, 7075-T6, which is very hard to bend, that material would crack over time due to heat dynamics on aluminum.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Happens regularly, remember how when JerryRig tried to bend the phone and cracked the glass at the back, same folks ran around screaming that the phone is severely more fragile due to titanium 🤣
There are some serious drama queens around here unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.