Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
My Dad picked up his new Shelby Cobra today and we drove up to CT from NJ to get it. We had a great time driving it back, it's just awesome. I took a lot of pictures, but these were my favorites. Enjoy. Also, the pictures don't do the color justice no matter how much processing I do. But the color is Ferrari red and is painted just like one, and the stripes are pearl white.

EDIT: I recorded a video today of the loudness. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p52a86J1II

Me sitting in the Cobra. My dad is in the background on the left along with the sales guy on the right
web.jpg

My sister and my Uncle came with their Corvettes so we put them all together.
web.jpg

web.jpg

My Uncle, Dad, and Sister (in order) by their cars
web.jpg

My Dad in the car in an alley-way in town
web.jpg

A couple shots from today (7/28/08)
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I will be shooting close ups and such next weekend. It is a replica built by Backdraft racing, which we both liked better than the superformance kits. I got to sit in it the whole way home from CT to NJ. 2.5 hours.

Dan Lorth

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2008
is it the small block or the big block? the 427 in the shelby cobra from what i have heard is more of a handful than anything else.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
It has a 351 stroked to 388. It gets around 500hp and it is thunderous. The guy who sold the car to my Dad said it was louder than all the 427s he's build. My dad agrees, he's heard a few 427s and I'm telling you, this thing is loud. I'll try to see if I can get an audio clip.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Nice pics of a sweet car wgilles. :)

Thank you. My Dad is letting me pull it out of the garage to wash and wax it today while he's at work. I can't wait. I'm gonna take some nice pictures tonight if I get a chance.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
hats off to your father for managing to get you to think it's a privilege to wash and wash his car!

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
You're lucky you've got a Cobra in one piece!

Although I'm sure this was a one-off event, that shop is right down the street from me and last year a young driver, taking a blue/white Cobra out on a test drive, did a 360 in front of my office, jumped the curb, and left small parts all over the lawn and driveway. I think I've still got the orange "start" button from the front dash!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.