Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
We did look at factory 5, we looked at them all. Backdraft had everything we wanted so we got that. This isn't a how much money my family has, because we don't have a lot. My parents just are good at saving and investing. I drive a 01 Maxima with 100K miles on it. Hehe.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
We did look at factory 5, we looked at them all. Backdraft had everything we wanted so we got that. This isn't a how much money my family has, because we don't have a lot. My parents just are good at saving and investing. I drive a 01 Maxima with 100K miles on it. Hehe.

You have a maxima and your sister has a Corvette?! :p PWND

Good for them being smart with money! It's not about how much you make, it's how you save and invest and spend on small things....

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Well I'm 21 and still in college. She's almost 40 and married.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Well I'm 21 and still in college. She's almost 40 and married.

Makes sense - I was only kidding. Awesome cars though. Not a huge Corvette fan myself, but the Cobra is something else. Can only imagine how the engine sounds. Would put my Mini Cooper S to shame....

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Well you can hear it. Go to my first post, I put up a link to video. :D:D:D

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Thank you. My Dad is letting me pull it out of the garage to wash and wax it today while he's at work. I can't wait. I'm gonna take some nice pictures tonight if I get a chance.

Cool, I am looking forward to some more pictures of your dad's car. Although, for washing and waxing his car, I think you deserve atleast a spin around the block...unsupervised! :D :)

. Can only imagine how the engine sounds. Would put my Mini Cooper S to shame....

I love Mini Coopers, I was going to buy one, but I opted for my BMW 3 series instead. :)

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Cool, I am looking forward to some more pictures of your dad's car. Although, for washing and waxing his car, I think you deserve atleast a spin around the block...unsupervised! :D :)

I love Mini Coopers, I was going to buy one, but I opted for my BMW 3 series instead. :)

He let me drive it yesterday for my efforts and OH MAN, it was cool.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
Thats cool! What it a kit like were you can build a replica or something? My dad has a 1966 Corvette only thing not stock is the motor which is 454 cubic inches making over 530HP! 0-60 in 4.7 seconds shifting! Its soooo loud with the engine! I love it but I will never get to drive it! lol I love Corvettes! We have a couple drag racing cars that go in the 7 second range too! I love American Muscle Cars!

mperkins37

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Pretty cool car, BTW,I picked this up about a year ago.
It's a looker, and she's pretty quick when I need her to be.....

Attachments

• Mustang 4 Fr Hood up sm.jpg
    Mustang 4 Fr Hood up sm.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 74
  • front w pins 3sm.jpg
    front w pins 3sm.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Mustang 1 fr rt hood upSMALL.jpg
    Mustang 1 fr rt hood upSMALL.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 177

mperkins37

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
She rocks pretty good. Can't see it very well from the pics, but it is sporting sidepipes! DROOL!
Still can't believe I own it. It's my dream car.

waffle911

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
⇧⌥K = 
Is this a "look and see my photos" thread, or a "look how much money my family has" thread?

:p

I think its more of a "look and see what my dad got to reward himself for working hard all these years but its still fiscally responsible because its much cheaper than the exceedingly rare genuine article" thread. It's a kit car, not an original. And Corvettes can be had at reasonable prices if you go used, and even new its cheaper and better performing than a Porsche.

dmw2692004

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
SICK looking car.

Alleyway picture is my all time favorite.

I think its more of a "look and see what my dad got to reward himself for working hard all these years but its still fiscally responsible because its much cheaper than the exceedingly rare genuine article" thread. It's a kit car, not an original. And Corvettes can be had at reasonable prices if you go used, and even new its cheaper and better performing than a Porsche.

I would quite exactly say that a corvette is better preforming than a porshe.. a porshe would destroy the corvette on any track with a lot of sharp curves/turns.

Im only 17, but i have drive a 911 turbo and the 08 corvette. Much easier to push the back end of a vette out on a turn than the 911. Both were stick. Simply said, I feel like the porshe grips the road better, but I would never go for one. GM fan born and raised right here.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
I think its more of a "look and see what my dad got to reward himself for working hard all these years but its still fiscally responsible because its much cheaper than the exceedingly rare genuine article" thread.

Ahh, one of those threads... Don't see many around these days... :p

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Much easier to push the back end of a vette out on a turn than the 911. Both were stick. Simply said, I feel like the porshe grips the road better, but I would never go for one.

That's what happens when you throw the engine in the back of the car...

It's hard to compare American built cars to European cars to be fair... (in relation to a Corvette and 911)

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
SICK looking car.

Alleyway picture is my all time favorite.

I would quite exactly say that a corvette is better preforming than a porshe.. a porshe would destroy the corvette on any track with a lot of sharp curves/turns.

Im only 17, but i have drive a 911 turbo and the 08 corvette. Much easier to push the back end of a vette out on a turn than the 911. Both were stick. Simply said, I feel like the porshe grips the road better, but I would never go for one. GM fan born and raised right here.
Porsche, not Porshe

And a Z06 is a track beast, and do you not know that the ZR1 has the fastest time at the ring?
Anyway, how much did he pay for the car complete? The pricing on th site only gives rolling chassis and I don't see a price for tranny/engine.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Screw the Corvette and the Porsche. This Cobra will light both of them up...trust me.

Oh yeah, and I'm talking about a 911 and a Z06 too. This Cobra can easily do low 11s on the 1/4 mile (driven by an average guy). A Z06 being driven by a pro driver does high 11s. Don't argue about it, it's a fact. When my Dad breaks in the engine and goes to the drag strip I'll post a time sheet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.