Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
EVERYTHING HAS JUST STARTED WORKING SMOOTHLY, WHAT IS THE REASON? I do not understand
I have been using that same mouse since macOS Monterey on my M1 MacBook Air. I was getting a setup warning about a keyboard instead of a mouse. Since Sonoma, it's been fine, but I also have SteelSeries GG installed.

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
I have been using that same mouse since macOS Monterey on my M1 MacBook Air. I was getting a setup warning about a keyboard instead of a mouse. Since Sonoma, it's been fine, but I also have SteelSeries GG installed.
In the SteelSeries GG settings, is there an option to change the backlighting or download new drivers?

I downloaded the GG and did not have these settings

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
In the SteelSeries GG settings, is there an option to change the backlighting or download new drivers?

I downloaded the GG and did not have these settings
Click on Engine in the side panel, and you should see the mouse in the list. Click on it, and there will be options.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.45.21.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.45.21.png
    409.4 KB · Views: 30

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
Click on Engine in the side panel, and you should see the mouse in the list. Click on it, and there will be options.
I don't have it! Could you give me a link to download this app? Maybe I downloaded the wrong thing

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
Are you on a 60hz screen? Apple has added smoothing at 60hz with 14.3, which might feel smoother but with more input lag. They seriously screwed things up with mice above 60hz on external screens though.
Hi, I upgraded to sonoma 14.4 and the problem was not solved, moreover, after the update my chrome became unbearably slow, it works in 30-40 frames and scrolling is not smooth, only safari works perfectly, apple what have you done

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.