Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
so what is it you're missing?
Appearance Manager and UI themes. I miss UI themes like we used to have back in the Mac OS 8 / 9 days... you could really customize the heck out of your Mac. Jeez, I'm really dating myself.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Appearance Manager and UI themes. I miss UI themes like we used to have back in the Mac OS 8 / 9 days... you could really customize the heck out of your Mac. Jeez, I'm really dating myself.
my question is... where have you been between the OS 8/9 days and 2024? not being able to seriously customize the UI is not recent. so really, no idea why this is, in 2024, worth bringing up...

"Here's a problem: Mac computing just isn't as much fun as it used to be." 🙄

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
While I do love Apple's UI overall nowadays, I do miss the ability to theme the OS and play around with different appearance components.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.