Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AEWest

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2019
Only works via the Sonos app, not airplay. And The Verge points out the Sonos app doesn't report (via song search) whether the track is spatial or not. Only when its playing will you know.
That may be true, but my point is that Sonos has a good relationship with Apple (unlike Google) so perhaps they can get a deal whereby Homepod could sync with Sonos sub mini.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

OlesyaPetrova

Suspended
Mar 20, 2023

Has anyone tried this? How is the experience? I’m considering getting the new HomePod, but only if it integrates well with the Sonos system. I love their speakers (especially with Spotify connect) but when I use AirPlay with them, it’s a less than favorable experience. Is it going to be the same with a HomePod + Sonia system?
I also want to buy one soon. interesting to read the answers.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009

Nikhil72

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2005
Got a stereo pair of Sonos Era 300s today and while the Atmos music is IMPRESSIVE, I absolutely hate using Sonos's app over the Apple Music app. far less intuitive and i have no idea what's atmos or not until i hit play. Still tempted to stick with my gen 2 HPs.

enrvuk

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
How do the Era 300s compare to the HomePods? I assume they are a huge step up. Is that just via the Sonos App or via Airplay 2 as well? I have 1st Gen HomePods and Sonos One. For me the Sonos One is significantly inferior.

AEWest

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2019
How do the Era 300s compare to the HomePods? I assume they are a huge step up. Is that just via the Sonos App or via Airplay 2 as well? I have 1st Gen HomePods and Sonos One. For me the Sonos One is significantly inferior.
From reviews I've seen such as smart home sounds, the 300s are substantially better than homepod. But of course they are far more expensive so they should sound better. The homepods are closer to the 100s but somewhat better sounding.

Reactions: enrvuk

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
I'd be a bit cautious about the 300s, only because some reviewers say it has a very different sound, highly geared toward Atmos and home theater setups. So for about the same price, pair of 100s plus a sub mini could possibly be a better setup if you don't care for Atmos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.