Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JT3D4

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2016
804, VA
Sprint has gotten better for me as of late but im not happy about the lack of details about this preorder.apple is no better selling defective toch disease phones that now have no value.all i know is that when apple and sprint decide to send me my phine it better not be hissing and the headphone better work or im going straight to the apple store.

Same here. Sprint has improved drastically here in Central VA over the past year but I'm totally over this preorder and dealing with the no order support team. Smh.

ArtyS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Last Thursday
Same here. Sprint has improved drastically here in Central VA over the past year but I'm totally over this preorder and dealing with the no order support team. Smh.

It's interesting to hear that others see Sprint's quality improving. It has gone way, way, way way WAY downhill for me. My coverage area is a joke, and only Sprint has this problem. There are so many dead zones in my area- which is a major city- that I have to think ahead if I need to make any calls before I head out. Even downtown, in areas where thousands of other people are talking and texting away, I lose signal. And it's not a device issue. It's been like this for the past 7 phones I've had. I'm sick of it.

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
I'm a new customer and I haven't seen any action on my 256 gb + mb that i ordered around 10 pm edt on 9/9. I only ordered the 256 because of the shorter lead time - otherwise I would have gotten the 128. I'm interested to hear the feedback about the Sprint service as I will be testing it in my area during my return window for the phone.

JT3D4

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2016
804, VA
It's interesting to hear that others see Sprint's quality improving. It has gone way, way, way way WAY downhill for me. My coverage area is a joke, and only Sprint has this problem. There are so many dead zones in my area- which is a major city- that I have to think ahead if I need to make any calls before I head out. Even downtown, in areas where thousands of other people are talking and texting away, I lose signal. And it's not a device issue. It's been like this for the past 7 phones I've had. I'm sick of it.

Yea I know that life all too well. I came from Verizon after the 5s and I used to hate sprint. Loved the peace of mind unlimited data gave me and the price compared to what I was paying VZW. But now I'm getting almost the same service I'd get from Verizon here. I hope service improves for you soon, because it really has been really really good. I get 80+ Mbps down in places where I'd only get dial up speeds and full bars (which I never used to see with sprint) on phone calls. It's really crazy.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I woke up 15 minutes before pre orders started. I tried placing an upgrade order for over 90 minutes (unresponsive servers). at 3:37am CDT on the 9th my order went through for a Matte Black iPhone 7 plus 256G.order number "oy-mhso-8034544**"

the lies and the wait is the worst!
[doublepost=1474456940][/doublepost]I received a facebook memory on a posting for a activation I did 2 years ago for my 6 plus so I am now days past my 6 plus order. darn it!

Reactions: AppleB and JT3D4

berkchops516

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
Well my UPS tracking finally had an update. Delivery moved from 9/22 to 9/23. Still sitting in China. Way to go UPS.

Reactions: JT3D4

Linnie shobha

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Its crazy how the stystem automatically updates daily and says the same thing it seems very automated at this point.

LiAmberNichole

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Help guys! I'm usually just a reader vs poster but wanted to give my fellow MB PLUSA 256ers hope! Got a notification today that my order shipped! or-trtm-80487XXXX originally ordered 9/9, Canceled it and reordered on 9/16 when I found out no pluses were in store. shipping window has always showed 9/23-30 hoping to get it Monday!

Reactions: AppleB

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Help guys! I'm usually just a reader vs poster but wanted to give my fellow MB PLUSA 256ers hope! Got a notification today that my order shipped! or-trtm-80487XXXX originally ordered 9/9, Canceled it and reordered on 9/16 when I found out no pluses were in store. shipping window has always showed 9/23-30 hoping to get it Monday!

Wow that's interesting that you got shipping for a 9/16 order before some 9/9 people.

Reactions: LiAmberNichole

LiAmberNichole

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Wow that's interesting that you got shipping for a 9/16 order before some 9/9 people.
I'm not sure if it could be because I had a preorder first or not but I was quite surprised also. It could be possibly because of the model type.
I agree I'm confused as to how the orders are chosen to ship honestly. The shipping time frame was accurate for me in this case. 9/23-9/30

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
I'm not sure if it could be because I had a preorder first or not but I was quite surprised also. It could be possibly because of the model type.

I agree I'm confused as to how the orders are chosen to ship honestly. The shipping time frame was accurate for me in this case. 9/23-9/30

Yes my original shipping date was 9/23 the morning I preordered. Then it became 9/23-9/30 then I called order support and a rep told I wouldn't see it until October.
Then today I get shipping on 9/24 only a day later than original date.
I ordered the same phone.
All in all it's good you're getting it soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.