Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avbbva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
Hello everyone, I have a pair of the AirPods Pro 1, whenever I put them on, the left makes a static noise for 10-15 seconds and then it goes away, I tried resetting them but nothing helps. I've had them for a while and I believe the left is not the original that came with the pair. I lost one and ended up getting a replacement.Not sure if this problem is related to this, but just wanted to add the extra info. This is driving m crazy, anyone out there can shed some light? Thanks

Kurti

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2024
Mine had the same problem. Ended up replacing them via Apple service. Quite costly, as they were out of warranty.

Unfortunately I saw the apple service program too late …

avbbva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
Thanks for the info, mine are out of warranty as well, how much did you pay to have them repaired? I wonder if I am better off buying a new one.

Kurti

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2024
They had to exchange both, which was € 220.
Lucky me lives in Austria, which subsidizes repairs up to 50 % at the moment.

avbbva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
They had to exchange both, which was € 220.
Lucky me lives in Austria, which subsidizes repairs up to 50 % at the moment.
I live in Spain now and I ended up buying a new pair for 250 euros. I would like to have the old one fixed, to use them as a backup. Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: mihasm

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I have the same issue, and unfortunately it didn't surface until recently so I never saw the service program. Has anyone had any luck getting anything done since the service program expired?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.