Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karlfranz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Melbourne
So I just noticed that if you are in iPod mode on the iPhone and you select a playlist which has a subset of your loaded songs and then you switch to coverflow mode by rotating the phone 90 degrees, that the covers to ALL the albums (not just the ones in the selected playlist) will show up. This does not match up with the way iTunes works. In iTunes, if my playlist has songs from 5 different albums, only those 5 albums show when I toggle coverflow. Is this a "feature" or a bug?

Also, if I navigate through the interface too quickly, it oftentimes will stop the music and send me back to the Home screen of the phone. I don't know if this is a flaw with just my phone or if they're all behaving like that.

pr5owner

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2007
if u get brought back to the home screen that means your application crashed but did not crash OSX, other ppl have been reporting this.

karlfranz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Melbourne
if u get brought back to the home screen that means your application crashed but did not crash OSX, other ppl have been reporting this.

Do you have a link to where this is being discussed?

Mine got so bad that most apps started crashing and sending me back to the home page. After a while, I decided to do a software restore and update on the iPhone. After a long process it seems to be working now, but the weird coverflow behavior remains.

BTW: before I restored the phone I noticed something else weird—instead of having the date under the time in the Unlock screen, it was displaying the number 83 which just happened to be the temperature for my area in the weather widget.

ChrisSamsa

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2007
Also, if I navigate through the interface too quickly, it oftentimes will stop the music and send me back to the Home screen of the phone. I don't know if this is a flaw with just my phone or if they're all behaving like that.

I've had the same issue. My guess is it will fix eventually with an update, for now.. we must slow down i suppose.:D

pr5owner

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2007
Do you have a link to where this is being discussed?

Mine got so bad that most apps started crashing and sending me back to the home page. After a while, I decided to do a software restore and update on the iPhone. After a long process it seems to be working now, but the weird coverflow behavior remains.

BTW: before I restored the phone I noticed something else weird—instead of having the date under the time in the Unlock screen, it was displaying the number 83 which just happened to be the temperature for my area in the weather widget.

howard forums, but surfing other forums pretty much at least 1 case per forum. maybe the phone is running out of memory when loading certian websites? i dont think the iphone actually "exits" other programs that you started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.