Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
I have the AirPods Pro 2 earbuds and I’m struggling to find a tip that fits properly. They are all fit comfortably and all pass the seal test from small, medium, large. The problem is they move in my ears and kind of come out which lowers ANC and sound quality. Not sure how it solve this issue.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
The seal test is basic to the extreme.

Try foam tips in that case - they'll change the character of the sound as well and they will need to be replaced far more frequently than silicone, but will result in a more secure fit.

Comply are a reliable source. Some people are saying they fall apart eventually, but people seem to be that idiotic and unable to understand that foam tips are consumables, because... well, foam, not silicone.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
the tips fit for me for 10-15 mins then slowly come out over time. this is due to the slippery material of the silicone.
foam tips have much worse noise cancellation i have tried them all.
the silicone tip seal completely blocks most noise for me, while with the foam tips it clearly comes thru.
I have tried all the different tip sizes for all the different kinds.
went back to the OG apple tips due to best performance.

only alternative is adding an ear hook to it or getting the beats fit pro, which also have inferior ANC

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
Thank you for the replies. I should say that I do have waxy ears too. Which probably makes it worse

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
the tips fit for me for 10-15 mins then slowly come out over time. this is due to the slippery material of the silicone.
foam tips have much worse noise cancellation i have tried them all.
the silicone tip seal completely blocks most noise for me, while with the foam tips it clearly comes thru.
I have tried all the different tip sizes for all the different kinds.
went back to the OG apple tips due to best performance.

only alternative is adding an ear hook to it or getting the beats fit pro, which also have inferior ANC

Maybe it's because you're not inserting the foam tips far enough (assuming Comply and not some POC) - you should try other sizes than your silicone size.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
Thank you for the replies. I should say that I do have waxy ears too. Which probably makes it worse
Actually if you have runny ears with foam tips it's gonna be pretty gross very quickly so maybe find something else

I had the misfortune of lending a friend with runny ears a Shure to try out and he gave them back to me uncleaned with his waxy tips still in place. The tips were originally yellow. The ones I got back were brown🤢

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
Actually if you have runny ears with foam tips it's gonna be pretty gross very quickly so maybe find something else

I had the misfortune of lending a friend with runny ears a Shure to try out and he gave them back to me uncleaned with his waxy tips still in place. The tips were originally yellow. The ones I got back were brown🤢
Great read before lunch lol

• Haha
Reactions: tomtad
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.