Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Thank goodness rocks stand still! If I shot that many photos of a rock in one day I would have a lot of photos of rocks. No customers.
I have a lot of photos of surfers. No customers.:p
I have a site in progress, I'll leave the link in here for a couple of days for you. (not done with it yet) Surfers don't have any money.:cool:

Digital Skunk is right... so many times I notice the guys with the white bazooka sized lenses chatting it up and digging through their wheelbarrow of gear looking for their ringing cel phone. Meanwhile I'm catching Kelly Slater getting vertical air with my little Oly 70-300mm 4/5.6 lens on my old looking, 7.5MP Panasonic L1. Whose picture came out better?;)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
^^And even then, look how quickly the gap between Canikon and the rest is shrinking.

Again, the photography world does change quickly. Some people just can't see this change while it's happening.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
^^And even then, look how quickly the gap between Canikon and the rest is shrinking.

Again, the photography world does change quickly. Some people just can't see this change while it's happening.

Quite correct. I wouldn't say that film is dead just yet, but it came close with the introduction of the D300, D3, and 1Ds Mark III. The resolutions are getting much better and noise isn't as much of an issue. The more and more the industry makes more capable cameras and clear optics the less photogs are going to have to worry about the limitations of their cameras.

For many photogs, the only limits they have are their creativity and skill, but once the untrained, raw, purist student photog gets their hands on a camera that just lets their imagine fly they will produce some amazing images. I have seen this happen with the D80 and D40.

For any photog that is making their money freelance and independent you better watch out for the new breed of image makers, and you better keep up with a fast paced, ever changing market that is making it easier for shooters to shoot, no matter what camera they have around their necks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.