Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
USA
They announced summer bands just earlier today at the WWDC19. Dragonfruit sport band and loop, canary yellow sport band and loop, pride loop, cornflower sport band and loop. Anyone see any they liked?

I personally dont like any but thats probably a good thing as I spent enough already.

https://www.apple.com/shop/watch/bands

Last edited:
Reactions: Powermax

nl85

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
They’re up on the newsroom page. It’s just the gay pride sport loop and three sport bands (cornflower blue, canary yellow, dragonfruit magenta) from the looks of it.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
3F6EB09E-63A4-4F7F-8F4C-15D80ECBEF49.jpeg
Band styles seem to be the same as recently. Most new colours were hard to discern, though.
[doublepost=1559590293][/doublepost]Sport Bands and Loops in three new colours + the pride Loop: „New colors of the Sport Band and Sport Loop in Canary Yellow, Dragon Fruit and Cornflower are available beginning today, along with a new Pride Edition Sport Loop“

nl85

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
The page now has links to buy the new bands but the pride one goes nowhere and the other one doesn’t have any new bands. The app doesn’t have them either.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
USA
As a woman I love them. For awhile most of the colors were kind of manly, not many purples, pinks, or aqua blues.

I cant argue that! My girlfriend will most likely ask me to get her the cornflower loop soon.

Skittles0813

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2018
Ordered the cornflower sport loop and dragonfruit sport loop.

Thinking about the cornflower sport band but I want to see other people’s pictures before I buy it. I have the lilac sport band from a while back which pulls quite blue so I think they’re going to turn out to be too similar to warrant another purchase.

Reactions: twanj

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Reactions: twanj

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I've been quite disappointed lately with Apple's watch bands, in particular, the leather options. I have my saddle brown leather classic that I still receive complements on, but the other leather options have fizzled out completely. Even though I am not a fan of the new "buckle", you cannot even get it on the 42/44mm option--you're stuck with the leather loop. Same goes for cases--they did not refresh their leather cases.

Reactions: xDKP and Arcontia

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I've been quite disappointed lately with Apple's watch bands, in particular, the leather options. I have my saddle brown leather classic that I still receive complements on, but the other leather options have fizzled out completely. Even though I am not a fan of the new "buckle", you cannot even get it on the 42/44mm option--you're stuck with the leather loop. Same goes for cases--they did not refresh their leather cases.

Yeah I said it in another thread, will say again here.

I truly and honestly feel that the XS/S4 generation had the weakest selection of colours for Apple’s leather accessories. First time since the iPhone 6s where absolutely none of the (new) colours whatsoever appealed to me. All of the leather colours are too drab and dull, whether it was that dark green, the identical bleak Cornflower / Cape Cod or the weak sunset orange....just not a fan at all. I know it’s taste but yeah again, wasn’t a fan. And then getting rid of the Classic Buckle was one of the biggest mistakes they did, Modern Buckle is too geared towards women.

I reckon what they’ll do here on in is rotate it with the modern buckle - so we might see Classic Buckle return in September with the release of the new watch, then Modern Buckle / Leather Loop will be temporarily phased out again

But I do in contrast like the colours they just released for the Sport Band - these are nice and vibrant

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.