Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
This article says press and hold control and then space bar to cycle, but nothing happens when I press control.

Any help welcome

OSK switching works fine but not with MK.

Thanks

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
That article is for iPod touch with iOS 15... try this one? It has additional info for iPad.
Thanks! silly mistake ipad/ipod! Unfortunately the instructions to press and hold control while pressing space bar are identical.
The additional info about the globe key brings up a screen with a number of options but keyboard switch is not one of them. There is another tab (stage manager) not in the screenshot below.

IMG_2918.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Thanks! silly mistake ipad/ipod! Unfortunately the instructions to press and hold control while pressing space bar are identical.
The additional info about the globe key brings up a screen with a number of options but keyboard switch is not one of them. There is another tab (stage manager) not in the screenshot below.

View attachment 2374627

Think I understand this now. The control/space bar instructions work as the links if you have second language keyboard added, and you are in a window with the cursor flashing waiting. When I added a second language keyboard the control/space bar method worked. However even with a second language keyboard the globe key method doesn’t seem to work.

The reason I wanted to switch keyboards was because I have Pycopaste installed which, when used with the OSK, brings up another keyboard with the Clipboard history on it. But Pycopaste is not another language and I think the iPad with MK instructions are only applicable to different language keyboards. With OSK you can have Swiftkey keyboard etc, but these are meaningless for hardware keyboards like MK.

Using Pycopaste on the iPad with MK is best done by having the Pycopaste app in the dock and quickly opening it to copy what is required.

BTW I strongly recommend Pycopaste. Just come to it after using the expensive Paste for a few years.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.