Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Anyone else experience this? I try to use the Studio Strings for example, and it says additional content must be downloaded. It then removes my symlink (the arrow goes away from the Logic Folder) and it writes to the internal SSD, rather than my external one. I then have to put my logic folder in the trash and create the symlink again or else it tries to download/install the entire library over again on the internal SSD.

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Anyone else experience this? I try to use the Studio Strings for example, and it says additional content must be downloaded. It then removes my symlink (the arrow goes away from the Logic Folder) and it writes to the internal SSD, rather than my external one. I then have to put my logic folder in the trash and create the symlink again or else it tries to download/install the entire library over again on the internal SSD.
Wow after playing with this on and off since yesterday, I may have figured it out (of course after posting, but hey this might help someone else out). I took my new non symlinked folder that it made and just opened it up and dragged the folders in there into my logic folder on my external SSD. It prompted to Merge, I merged everything, and the things it wanted to replace I skipped. After that, I deleted the logic folder internally and then re-created the symlink. Relaunched logic and everything seems to be working again.

Reactions: MajorFubar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.