Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Basically, I'm looking at the best solution for keeping iOS and Android synced. Below are my must have features. Everything else is done through the cloud.
- Sync Locally
- SMS, Calls and voicemail
- Prefer to use Windows as the host. Will use macOS if necessary.

Basically, I want to be able to keep my call history, text messages and voicemail in sync between Android and iOS. This doesn't have to be always on. Just something where I can plug my in an iPhone and Android phone into my computer. Then sync them in a couple minutes. Move my SIM card. Then keep going without missing a beat.

Anyways, I'm aware of a few programs which do what I want. So, don't need some links to a a pro review or here's an programs sort of thing.

What I'm really interested in is experience. What do you use to sync those three regularly? Is it quick and reliable? Do you like and recommend it? Any you tried which didn't work as advertised?

My biggest concerns are data loss and duplication.

Is there an alternative I'm missing? Is there a messaging program like Telegram which can work with SMS. Sort of like how iMessage uses iMessage for iOS users and SMS for everyone else. Something which works in Android and iOS. Daresay even Windows and macOS. To keep text messages in sync. Plus send and receive. Importing legacy text messages from either Android or iOS. All with a trustworthy company. Preferably storing everything on their servers, encrypted to my own private key. That would be ideal.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I just keep what I have on my iPhone and Android separate. I don’t see why I should go through such convoluted mess to sync those things. Both platforms don’t make it straightforward to do this reliably and easily.

Even between Android phones, I couldn’t find a best method. I ended up just backing up all the SMSes on my Android phones externally to Google sheets using IFTTT. At least there’s a single place I can look them up. Whenever I switch phones, I am fully aware that I will start fresh (or whatever previously left on that phone).

The_Interloper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
As SMS is inextricably tied in to the iMessage app, I don't think there's a simple or reliable way to do this across platforms at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.