Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which IPhone did you buy?

• Total voters

chicla74

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2017
We swapped SIM cards from old phones to the new ones. No problems here so far (iPhones XS Max Gold and Grey 256 gb).

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I put my T-Mobile sim in the AT&T XS MAX I got today because Apple did not have any for that carrier in configuration I wanted. Thanks peeps who left empty handed.

And I had no activation problem whatsoever.

Reactions: nateatlarge

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Reactions: AppleRobert

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Took an hour to activate found out the apple servers are all hosed up
[doublepost=1537575185][/doublepost]Even having issues selling iPhones and watches on reservations

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/21/iphone-xs-pickup-issues/

Think I might have gotten lucky. Failed to activate first time but went through second time. ICloud restore within minutes and my photos were analysed within a few hours. Max is a beast and I’m very happy with the upgrade from 7+.

My main takeaway from ordering procses this year though is that @nateatlarge is my absolute favourite MR poster. I won’t upgrade next year but I’ll check in, just in the hope you do. :)

Last edited:

Itsjustcole

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2017
Side by side with my previous iPhone X, the iPhone xs max I received has a noticeably yellow/dim screen. Always heard about people having issues with this in the past. Will T-Mobile swap for an issue like this?

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Side by side with my previous iPhone X, the iPhone xs max I received has a noticeably yellow/dim screen. Always heard about people having issues with this in the past. Will T-Mobile swap for an issue like this?

I do t see why they wouldn’t. It’s a defect. But you should go directly to the apple store since T-Mobile no longer does anything wth apple unless it’s a swap

RRRize

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
TMo user here. Just replaced SIM card and all is good. (512 XS Max, coming from 7+)

Wait... you got a 512GB Xs Max? Did you pre-order it from T-Mo or from Apple? I'm still waiting for my 512GB Xs Max that I ordered from T-Mo. They told me that no one who ordered 512GB models has received them because they have not shipped. If you got yours from T-Mo I'm gonna blow a head gasket!

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Yeah but every since I changed phones it doesn't show up and I have to dial in to access voicemail.

Go into your phone tab and select voicemail. Set it up directly in your iPhone

F4F16EAD-7EED-40CA-818D-E427AB47DBE9.jpeg

YoToddy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
Oh trust me I have done all. Even master reset.
There is nothing wrong with your iPhone. This is 100% an issue on T-Mobiles side of the fence. Contact T-Mobile and jump through all their scripted hoops. Once they realize none of that crap fixes the issue, they will escalate to an "engineer". Typically it will be/should be resolved in 24hrs.

I had the same issue when I ported over from AT&T in June of this year. It took two weeks of sending Twitter DM's to get basic things like VVM, One+ HD Video, etc to work correctly on all three of my lines. I am really happy with T-Mobile but they definitely have issues when it comes to line provisioning.

ManOnFire75

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
Los Angeles
There is nothing wrong with your iPhone. This is 100% an issue on T-Mobiles side of the fence. Contact T-Mobile and jump through all their scripted hoops. Once they realize none of that crap fixes the issue, they will escalate to an "engineer". Typically it will be/should be resolved in 24hrs.

I had the same issue when I ported over from AT&T in June of this year. It took two weeks of sending Twitter DM's to get basic things like VVM, One+ HD Video, etc to work correctly on all three of my lines. I am really happy with T-Mobile but they definitely have issues when it comes to line provisioning.
I'll give them another call. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
Did anyone notice a difference in reception on the iPhone Xs? It seems the signal is somewhat stonger. TMobile has always been somewhat bad, but we now have an extra antenna on the Xs.

Should we expect a difference? I'm not technical in this area. I'm in the Bay Area.

YoToddy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
You are probably in a area where T-Mobile has launched 600Mhz spectrum. iPhone Xs & Xs Max both support Band 71 which is likely the reason you are getting better reception.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Did anyone notice a difference in reception on the iPhone Xs? It seems the signal is somewhat stonger. TMobile has always been somewhat bad, but we now have an extra antenna on the Xs.

Should we expect a difference? I'm not technical in this area. I'm in the Bay Area.
In general you should be seeing a speed difference with the new 4x4 mimo chip set. Before T-Mobile didn’t have that in the iPhones

Band 71. See the map for coverage.

http://maps.spectrumgateway.com/t-mobile-600-mhz-band-71-deployment.html
[doublepost=1537818270][/doublepost]

I found this

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436

7D02DE65-4DF6-438E-9641-84A9EE04E773.png

Last edited by a moderator:

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon

Here's a list of cities that t-mobile has rolled out band 71: https://www.t-mobile.com/content/da...to-rico/T-Mobile-600-MHz-Cities-and-Towns.pdf

They have not rolled it out here yet but yesterday we dropped AT&T and switched to T-Mobile and overall my signal strength and speed is a little bit better compared to AT&T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.