Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which IPhone did you buy?

• Total voters

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
That's one of the those hoops your T-Mobile "Team of Experts" will walk you through... multiple times before you get your issue escalated to the "engineers". If you're like me and you hit multiple SSID's on the daily, it can be a pain in the butt.

Go into your T-Mobile account under plans and see if visual voicemail is activated
[doublepost=1537824592][/doublepost]New issue discovered

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/24/iphone-xs-xs-max-wifi-lte-connectivity-issues/

Last edited by a moderator:

YoToddy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
Go into your T-Mobile account under plans and see if visual voicemail is activated
[doublepost=1537824592][/doublepost]

Not sure if this was directed at me or not but I am not the one in the thread having VVM issues. But in my case when I WAS having the issue back in June, VVM was listed being activated on all three lines in the MyTmobile account portal. The issue was still a provisioning problem on T-Mobile's side.

Reactions: nateatlarge

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
Here's a list of cities that t-mobile has rolled out band 71: https://www.t-mobile.com/content/da...to-rico/T-Mobile-600-MHz-Cities-and-Towns.pdf

They have not rolled it out here yet but yesterday we dropped AT&T and switched to T-Mobile and overall my signal strength and speed is a little bit better compared to AT&T.

The Bay Area also doesn't have it yet, but I am still getting much better signal overall. Been without WiFi the whole day at the office (kept it off) previously that was not possible without losing service.

Reactions: nateatlarge

hanumanta5

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2006
who has had any issues with their new iPhones?

My friend just upgraded from iPhone 5S to iPhone XR through TMobile.

The issue we are having is that he cannot receive messages from me and others on his long standing phone number that we can connect through dialing.

He can send messages through.

He found that there is another number assigned the XR that messages go through.

We could text through that number. When calling that number a message says it is not in service.

The rep at TMobile was unable to fix as he was a Droid guy.

How to get through this issue please?

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
My friend just upgraded from iPhone 5S to iPhone XR through TMobile.

The issue we are having is that he cannot receive messages from me and others on his long standing phone number that we can connect through dialing.

He can send messages through.

He found that there is another number assigned the XR that messages go through.

We could text through that number. When calling that number a message says it is not in service.

The rep at TMobile was unable to fix as he was a Droid guy.

How to get through this issue please?

Try Turning off IMessage and restarting the phone, then after phone restart try turning on iMessage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.