Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AI should be a feature you can turn only when you need it

• Yes

Votes: 88 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I have not decided yet

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters

dburkhanaev

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2018
Copy and paste templates is far more efficient and that's how nearly all spam and scams work. AI is slower and more costly.

Nah. Spam and online misinfo are as old as the web and it is faster and cheaper when it comes from the mouths and fingers of people and their dear leaders.
But AI-generated phishing is already a thing. The company I work for got hit. It looked really good, too. I could see how someone less versed in how Microsoft's 2FA system works, might be had by the graphic and text generated into the email that was used.

Reactions: amaze1499

dburkhanaev

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2018
You set these parameters on there, yes? (They’re the same as what was found from at least as far back as Mojave and High Sierra.)

Shutting off auto-correct is one of the very first things I configure when setting up a new OS on a system. I would love to see this be an opt-in asked of users when they go through the steps of being asked whether they wish to use Siri or have analytics of use sent over to the Apple.
The autocorrect is annoying so I usually turn that off too. I also have to find the terminal commands to kill the blue, floating "Caps Lock" indicator and the blue, floating "Input Language" indicator. I don't know why the caps lock light isn't enough of an indicator.

CasualFanboy

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2020
Typing in iTerm2 the other day, I got this message that said, "You seem frustrated. Would you like to ...."

And I didn't read past that because I wasn't frustrated, and it occurred to me this has to be some stupid AI feature. Get ready for people in general to get even more stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.