Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Hello everyone!

I have owned several iPad Pro 2018s, and all of them have a similar issue with standby time. I'll charge them up all the way, use them for a couple hours, and then leave them sitting for a day or two. By the time I get back to it, they're usually most of the way drained and I have to charge them up again basically every time I need to do anything with them.

The one I have only has about 180 battery cycles as reported by CoconutBattery, so it's not that the battery is completely shot.

Has anyone else had similar issues, or have any tips to improve standby on the iPad?
I have similar issues as well with all iPads I have ever had despite disabling background refresh on apps. Generally after 2 days, the battery is almost dead. Hence, I always turn them off after last usage for the day.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have similar issues as well with all iPads I have ever had despite disabling background refresh on apps. Generally after 2 days, the battery is almost dead. Hence, I always turn them off after last usage for the day.
Try also turning on Low Power Mode; I added it to Control Center. My M1 13" cellular only lost 10% after two days standby without having to force quit anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.