Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xboxbml

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
While in photos, selecting a photo to text to someone and hitting the up arrow share icon, the recently texted contacts are missing. 13 Pro Max, iOS 16.7.2.

I've always been able to do this since it was a thing.. Not sure what happened. I have a feeling it was working in 16.7.1 Anyone have any ideas? I don't think there's a setting for that..

IMG_6870.PNG

Last edited:

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Mine aren't missing but they seem to have rearranged themselves to where the most often and recently texted contacts have moved way off to the right.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I feel like that’s a Siri suggestion toggle but I haven’t been able to locate the setting

xboxbml

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
Settings->Siri and Search
Suggestions from Apple
Enable “Show When Sharing”
it IS enabled...I toggled it.. no change. Also found under there under Messages where learn from this App was turned off. Turned on. No change..hmm... Thanks for the response! Any other ideas? I really didn't want to try a restore on this.. been so long since I've done one.. early on on my 6s+ I think since I've done one..lol..

Reactions: fatTribble

xboxbml

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
Well all, I think I just figured it out.. I believe it WAS the Learn from this App option under Siri and Search! I just texted my mom a pic to see again if anything showed and when I went in to text her another pic, her contact icon was there again! No idea HOW that got turned off.. I'm guessing it was this last update we got that did it.. Thanks @fatTribble for leading me in the right spot!

Reactions: fatTribble
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.