Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfedude88

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2013
Indiana
50 plus or minus it's the same same.

What are you talking about.

It's saying 549 for the SE or 649 for the 6s. That's 100 dollar difference. The 6s plus starts at 749, guess what 100 dollar difference.

You know what the difference between the 3 is? The screen size.

The se is rumored to have everything the 6s does besides 3d touch.

The 6s has pretty much everything the 6s plus has besides ois.

So I would say pricing lines up.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011

It's saying 549 for the SE or 649 for the 6s. That's 100 dollar difference.

It's been pointed out twice to him that the price difference is $100 but he keeps saying "$50 either way isn't enough"...

I guess some people won't be happy unless the SE is $400. But at that price... what are the odds of it having good enough specs?...I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: wolfedude88

John Mcgregor

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Newport

It's saying 549 for the SE or 649 for the 6s. That's 100 dollar difference. The 6s plus starts at 749, guess what 100 dollar difference.

You know what the difference between the 3 is? The screen size.

The se is rumored to have everything the 6s does besides 3d touch.

The 6s has pretty much everything the 6s plus has besides ois.

So I would say pricing lines up.

Rumoured. And no 3D touch. If the only difference was screen size i could understand, but there is no feature parity so far.

wolfedude88

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2013
Indiana
Rumoured. And no 3D touch. If the only difference was screen size i could understand, but there is no feature parity so far.

Once again yes there is, the 6s plus has OIS and the 6s does not. Plus the battery is significantly bigger in the 6s plus which leads to more battery life. Even without the battery difference, OIS is a decent feature left out, and 3d touch is about the same thing being left out as OIS.

Not a huge deal to most, but enough to bug some people. $100 dollar difference between the next iphone up.

John Mcgregor

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Newport
Once again yes there is, the 6s plus has OIS and the 6s does not. Plus the battery is significantly bigger in the 6s plus which leads to more battery life. Even without the battery difference, OIS is a decent feature left out, and 3d touch is about the same thing being left out as OIS.

Not a huge deal to most, but enough to bug some people. $100 dollar difference between the next iphone up.

So it will be 3D touch and stabilization most likely. So now we jump from having 1 feature missing to 2 features missing compared to iphone 6/s

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
£250 would be a good price. I'd pick one up as a back up phone to my 6S plus if it were that cheap. The 5S would also be a good buy as a secondary phone if the price is reduced by 50%.

I'd really like a pink iPhone 5C with updated internals at £250.

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england

wolfedude88

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2013
Indiana
So it will be 3D touch and stabilization most likely. So now we jump from having 1 feature missing to 2 features missing compared to iphone 6/s

Incorrect. I'm started not to think you are trolling.

It would have only one missing feature from 6/s. 100 dollars cheaper.

2 features from 6/s plus. 200 dollars cheaper

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Anyone else find it a little odd that we have had next to no part leaks for the iPhone SE? I mean we are having the rear casing of the 7 leak out and yet the only thing we have seen on the SE is conflicting case designs and the rear of a display panel.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Anyone else find it a little odd that we have had next to no part leaks for the iPhone SE? I mean we are having the rear casing of the 7 leak out and yet the only thing we have seen on the SE is conflicting case designs and the rear of a display panel.
Indeed. Few options:

1. They're suddenly really good at keeping the supply chain in check (unlikely)
2. It's pretty much identical to the current 5s that's still being produced, so there's nothing to leak

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Indeed. Few options:

1. They're suddenly really good at keeping the supply chain in check (unlikely)
2. It's pretty much identical to the current 5s that's still being produced, so there's nothing to leak

2. Is what I am thinking. It's so similar that no one in the supply chain thinks to take pictures! I'm also willing to bet that the SE might actually be two phones. The one that will be announced at the 21st event will basically be an internal upgrade to the 5s. A8 processor, 8mp camera, Apple Pay, etc... Then maybe when the 7 is announced we will see the "iPhone mini" with the A9, 12mp camera, curved glass, new design, etc.... That might help explain all of the conflicting reports we have seen. I mean if the SE is launching the Friday after the announcement there are literally hundreds of thousands of units sitting in storage right now. We have not even seen retail packaging leak out.

wolfedude88

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2013
Indiana
2. Is what I am thinking. It's so similar that no one in the supply chain thinks to take pictures! I'm also willing to bet that the SE might actually be two phones. The one that will be announced at the 21st event will basically be an internal upgrade to the 5s. A8 processor, 8mp camera, Apple Pay, etc... Then maybe when the 7 is announced we will see the "iPhone mini" with the A9, 12mp camera, curved glass, new design, etc.... That might help explain all of the conflicting reports we have seen. I mean if the SE is launching the Friday after the announcement there are literally hundreds of thousands of units sitting in storage right now. We have not even seen retail packaging leak out.

If that is the case, the SE will be dead right off the bat, sure some will upgrade but I think most will pass.

Especially for the a8, that is almost two years old now, then the a9 would be a year old if released on the SE in September.
I want a smaller phone and I want it be as close to a flagship as it gets. Releasing the SE now with the a9 is as close to a flagship as it gets, when the 7 drops the a10 will be released and I dont think I would consider getting the SE then.

Reactions: ABC5S

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
If that is the case, the SE will be dead right off the bat, sure some will upgrade but I think most will pass.

Especially for the a8, that is almost two years old now, then the a9 would be a year old if released on the SE in September.
I want a smaller phone and I want it be as close to a flagship as it gets. Releasing the SE now with the a9 is as close to a flagship as it gets, when the 7 drops the a10 will be released and I dont think I would consider getting the SE then.

They did it with the iPad mini.... The iPhone 5 released in September 2012 with the A6 and the mini released in October with the A5 while the iPad 4 got the A6X.

My theory is by no means supported by any evidence. Just a theory since there have been so many conflicting reports about this device with little/no physical leaks.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I just don't see the SE having the specs that have been rumored at the price point that has been rumored. I just think that something is off here....

Regardless, I don't see the rationale for doing another 4" phone release either later this year or even early 2017 beyond the SE.

*If* sales are good w/the SE...meaning a good chunk of the current 4" market (the 4/4s/5/5s/5c phones) embraces it, then there's a good chance a follow-up phone would follow in 16-18 months time.

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Regardless, I don't see the rationale for doing another 4" phone release either later this year or even early 2017 beyond the SE.

*If* sales are good w/the SE...meaning a good chunk of the current 4" market (the 4/4s/5/5s/5c phones) embraces it, then there's a good chance a follow-up phone would follow in 16-18 months time.

Well what I was thinking with the mini is that the SE will replace the 5s and to an extent take the place of the iPhone 5c. Then when the 7 is released there will be the 4" mini, 4.7", and then the 5.5" pro/plus. That way they will have a phone for the masses and also a "flagship" 4" phone. Again this is just my speculation, just trying to explain the conflicting reports we have seen.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
A8 CPU is just plain stupid if they did that. 8 MP camera just as bad since the 7 will have an A10 a few months later, much better camera. Wouldn't even consider it if that were the case. Minimum would be an A9 / 12 MP / Improved Siri / Better Battery / Better touch ID. Why would Apple give us the SE with almost the same spec's as the 5S ? Dumb, dumb and dummer.

John Mcgregor

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Newport
A8 CPU is just plain stupid if they did that. 8 MP camera just as bad since the 7 will have an A10 a few months later, much better camera. Wouldn't even consider it if that were the case. Minimum would be an A9 / 12 MP / Improved Siri / Better Battery / Better touch ID. Why would Apple give us the SE with almost the same spec's as the 5S ? Dumb, dumb and dummer.
That would make no sense. It has to have same specs as current iPhones at least.

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US

Keep in mind this phone is aimed for the midrange.... An alternative would be the SE having the A9 while the mini gets the A10. For most people the A8 would be more then enough and they are still selling the 6 with such a processor. In my theory the SE takes the place of the 5c while the iPhone mini is the "flagship 4" phone".

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
7 days will shall see and hear. Can't come soon enough. My bet will be this...

A9
12 MP camera
Improved SIRI
Improved TouchID
Slightly better battery
Rounded edges, but I would kill for the same body as the 5S

If I'm wrong, I will leave MacRumor for 3 or 4 nano seconds :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.